FISH REPORT 2021 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel c

Rate this topic

codfish

29 mins ago, Kones1 said:

I’m censored like President Trump so it takes some doing to post now. Thanks for taking the time. I wish I could say I’m sorry but I’m not. So I must be monitored now as it’s all about the $$$$$ here. Can’t blame ya in a way Tim if this is the way you make yours. 

Removed you from mod queue, if I have to edit one blatantly racist post in the future you get a vacation :) 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

1 min ago, codfish said:

Any one with a good winter project to kill some boredom??

Casting....

1st banks I made.    Had a pile of zinc'd alloy from duck decoy anchors.  Hated to throw it away.  So I turned em into sinkers.  1/8- 1 1/2oz. 

Found a pyramid mold on ebay. 2 3 & 4oz.  Its a bit loose so I got alot of flashing to trim. Makes a great looking sinker but the zinc alloy is a bitch to cut!  Hard as a rock. I only have a few more lbs to use up then I'll goto softer lead.  

Also bought jig molds.  3/8 to 4oz. Small (up to 1oz) are ball. 1oz to 4oz are bullet.    

Made a bunch of wire hangers for the pyramid sinkers.  Had a bunch wire for drop ceilings that I had little use for.    Also finished my casting eggs. 

IMG_20210112_210906.jpg

IMG_20210112_092950.jpg

24 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

Casting....

1st banks I made.    Had a pile of zinc'd alloy from duck decoy anchors.  Hated to throw it away.  So I turned em into sinkers.  1/8- 1 1/2oz. 

Found a pyramid mold on ebay. 2 3 & 4oz.  Its a bit loose so I got alot of flashing to trim. Makes a great looking sinker but the zinc alloy is a bitch to cut!  Hard as a rock. I only have a few more lbs to use up then I'll goto softer lead.  

Also bought jig molds.  3/8 to 4oz. Small (up to 1oz) are ball. 1oz to 4oz are bullet.    

Made a bunch of wire hangers for the pyramid sinkers.  Had a bunch wire for drop ceilings that I had little use for.    Also finished my casting eggs. 

IMG_20210112_210906.jpg

IMG_20210112_092950.jpg

Where do you get the eggs? Online? Ive searched a couple of craft stores and cant find any....

Pfantum Pfishah

2 mins ago, bdowning said:

Where do you get the eggs? Online? Ive searched a couple of craft stores and cant find any....

Ebay. 

Those are 2in x 1 3/8in.  Weigh just about 1oz.  It came out to a buck & change per egg. 

I want one thats bigger but can't find one for a decent price.     Everything I see is nearly 5 an egg.  I can buy a completed one for 8.  Just doesn't seem worth it.  

So I may see how much lead these smaller ones will hold and try loading one.