codfish

FISH REPORT 2021 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel c

Rate this topic

1,606 posts in this topic

Went out last night, to an outflow in the W. Yarmouth area...nothing for the first hour, then back to back schoolies on a black bomber. Dead after that...at least no skunk.

8 hours ago, DanCbass said:

Went out last night, to an outflow in the W. Yarmouth area...nothing for the first hour, then back to back schoolies on a black bomber. Dead after that...at least no skunk.

:)

On 11/7/2021 at 0:58 PM, codfish said:

End of season report card, please share your 2021 with A-F by species

Stripe Bass D

Sea Bass C

Tuna "blue fin" 100lb and smaller B plus     Giants did not fish

Blue fish A

Fluke C

Lobster traps D

Any more report cards out there??

11 mins ago, codfish said:

Any more report cards out there??

Well mine isn't from the outer Cape but I can give my overview:

All shore based.

Spring striped bass in our once reliable spot in the Merrimack during the herring run - F. They didn't show. We fished the prime tides in June.

Spring striper run in RI - C-

Canal - F. We only made 3 trips and hit dead tides every time. Trying to avoid the crowds didn't help.

Fall stripers in RI - B, but that's misleading because we only made a few trips and we lucked into a couple really good nights. Right place at right time padded our numbers. In reality, there was way, way too much dead water in between the hot spots. And the crowds were unbearable. I actually sat out much the best action and just watched my kid catch.

Bluefish in RI B+ in Spring, F in Fall. Where did they go? There were plenty in late May.

Albies in RI - F-. Worst year I can remember. 

Not a good year by past standards. Truthfully I would never have put in so much effort if my kid didn't beg to go so often. I spent a lot of time at the water just sitting and watching or wandering around the shore doing non-fishing things while the kid fished.

2 hours ago, Kones1 said:

Happy thanksgiving !  

:th:

10 hours ago, mikez2 said:

Well mine isn't from the outer Cape but I can give my overview:

All shore based.

Spring striped bass in our once reliable spot in the Merrimack during the herring run - F. They didn't show. We fished the prime tides in June.

Spring striper run in RI - C-

Canal - F. We only made 3 trips and hit dead tides every time. Trying to avoid the crowds didn't help.

Fall stripers in RI - B, but that's misleading because we only made a few trips and we lucked into a couple really good nights. Right place at right time padded our numbers. In reality, there was way, way too much dead water in between the hot spots. And the crowds were unbearable. I actually sat out much the best action and just watched my kid catch.

Bluefish in RI B+ in Spring, F in Fall. Where did they go? There were plenty in late May.

Albies in RI - F-. Worst year I can remember. 

Not a good year by past standards. Truthfully I would never have put in so much effort if my kid didn't beg to go so often. I spent a lot of time at the water just sitting and watching or wandering around the shore doing non-fishing things while the kid fished.

Thanks for sharing:th: