Drew C.

New waders

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

I don’t think that there’s any fixing this. That pattern fits with the leak pattern on my clothes - more like weeping vs a specific leak. 

A7A88258-CB2B-408A-8713-3B48C1B6DB3D.jpeg

FA243DF7-60A5-4692-9486-B13804DFE0A0.jpeg

40 yrs ago when I started surfcasting the only game in town I remember were Redball neoprenes...don't ever remember a pair leaking...ever! Guess we'll never see that again!

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 hours ago, slip n slide said:

How old are they?

I got them January 2013. I can’t complain, they’ve seen a lot of use.   

I can fix the pinholes but not the wear. 

Edited by Drew C.

20 hours ago, Drew C. said:

I don’t think that there’s any fixing this. That pattern fits with the leak pattern on my clothes - more like weeping vs a specific leak. 

A7A88258-CB2B-408A-8713-3B48C1B6DB3D.jpeg

FA243DF7-60A5-4692-9486-B13804DFE0A0.jpeg

I had a few drip leaks just like that (  must have went threw thorn bush  ) when i purchased the waders there was a kit with two different applications for leaks ,one was a aqua seal type for the seam & the other was UV for pin hole . well I misplaced them & ended up using the Solarez UV Cure   F-L-E=X formula ( green ) on the inside & outside still holding up well since May 2020  

12 hours ago, Drew C. said:

I got them January 2013. I can’t complain, they’ve seen a lot of use.   

I can fix the pinholes but not the wear. 

flex seal...or get a new pr

that's an amazingly old pr of waders

New pair is on order at Upcountry. Coat of shoe goo on the pinholes. I will keep them as back-ups. 

I suspected that they were leaking in the summer but I was fishing relatively shallow and not wading deep. Also, it was just a bit warmer... Winter came and I'm wading deep at times. I'm pretty layered up and I was wet thru 2 of 3 layers. 

Drew, 

that has happened to me a couple of times. Small little leaks in the while wading the shallow water up at the Farmington during the summer are tolerable. Sometimes rather refreshing in heat. But o boy when you forget those little leaks when you you wade deep in November or December for the first time. Don’t need coffee to wake you up!!!

for shallow water I have the  Patagonia Gunnison Gorge Waist Waders  and for summer low water I'll use a neoprene socks & wading boots & shorts  

9 mins ago, Hook I said:

for shallow water I have the  Patagonia Gunnison Gorge Waist Waders  and for summer low water I'll use a neoprene socks & wading boots & shorts  

I’ll will probably do some wet wading this summer.