FizzyFish

2021 Massachusetts Random Images

Rate this topic

1,912 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Those types of deer blinds are rare in Ma for some reason. 

They're common as dirt in places I've visited like NC and Wisconsin. 

Seemed like every field in NC had them.

What really surprised me was how in Wisconsin they were in fields that bordered major highways. The blinds were sometimes right up against the fence the separated the fields from the highway. Obviously the hunter has his back to traffic and is shooting away from the road. Still, the idea of hundreds of commuters driving by armed hunters a few yards away, in plain view, was a totally alien concept for a Massachusetts guy.

Can you imagine the triggered Karens that would produce here?

Here is how close it is to state park I am rambling thru. The blue is the border 

C9EE8471-206C-4362-9A4B-8BF587D0A574.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

Yupp . Lousy shot the little bugger didn't stay put for long .

I think they’re all great shots! Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mikez2 said:

Those types of deer blinds are rare in Ma for some reason. 

They're common as dirt in places I've visited like NC and Wisconsin. 

Seemed like every field in NC had them.

What really surprised me was how in Wisconsin they were in fields that bordered major highways. The blinds were sometimes right up against the fence the separated the fields from the highway. Obviously the hunter has his back to traffic and is shooting away from the road. Still, the idea of hundreds of commuters driving by armed hunters a few yards away, in plain view, was a totally alien concept for a Massachusetts guy.

Can you imagine the triggered Karens that would produce here?

Drive down 195 West in Marion during hunting season the side of the highway is lined with hunters trucks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, capequahog said:

DA376907-6C22-4F10-88F1-EF203EE344FC.jpeg

There is a U-Tube channel called Tim B at Sea.  He is the captain of the tug "Elk River" I beleive and it follows their travels up and down the East coast......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2021 at 1:04 PM, Steel Pulse said:

Here is how close it is to state park I am rambling thru. The blue is the border 

C9EE8471-206C-4362-9A4B-8BF587D0A574.jpeg

 

When I was younger we had about a dozen stands that were similar. Not that fancy but pallet sized with walls and a slanted plywood roof. My uncle cut firewood full time on his buddy's 1200 acres along the VT border. When he found a good spot we'd carry in the supplies and build a stand. Always old Chestnut poles for the supports and ladder, they were abundant from a blight many years previous. Part of hunters breakfast was claiming your stand for the day. 

 

Unfortunately the buddy needed cash and sold the whole tract. Originally to a land conservation outfit so we were still able to hunt the stands. When that outfit lost a bunch of money in a stock market crash they sold the land to a logging outfit. One of the first things they did was gate the road and knock down our stands. 

 

Really miss those days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

 

When I was younger we had about a dozen stands that were similar. Not that fancy but pallet sized with walls and a slanted plywood roof. My uncle cut firewood full time on his buddy's 1200 acres along the VT border. When he found a good spot we'd carry in the supplies and build a stand. Always old Chestnut poles for the supports and ladder, they were abundant from a blight many years previous. Part of hunters breakfast was claiming your stand for the day. 

 

Unfortunately the buddy needed cash and sold the whole tract. Originally to a land conservation outfit so we were still able to hunt the stands. When that outfit lost a bunch of money in a stock market crash they sold the land to a logging outfit. One of the first things they did was gate the road and knock down our stands. 

 

Really miss those days. 

So, basically, you miss getting wood. 
 

getting old sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another good scrap this morning. Some acorn activity last week and anyone for some turtle. 

1C77A62E-5D7F-4F9D-8AFE-8696118DDB71.jpeg

1BC579B5-D032-45F6-A723-8E87974E8121.jpeg

DD6ADB78-75A7-45FD-9D00-E4C417CE1C57.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 mins ago, Steel Pulse said:

Another good scrap this morning. Some acorn activity last week and anyone for some turtle. 

1C77A62E-5D7F-4F9D-8AFE-8696118DDB71.jpeg

1BC579B5-D032-45F6-A723-8E87974E8121.jpeg

DD6ADB78-75A7-45FD-9D00-E4C417CE1C57.jpeg

 

That was a wood turtle. You must have been close to a river.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.