FizzyFish

2021 Massachusetts Random Images

Rate this topic

2,235 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

The world famous Cackle factory.

Pretty cool photos, thanks for posting them. I grew up right down the road in Grafton and don't ever remember hearing of the Manchaug chicken fire.

Not sure about posting outside links here, but a Google search of 'Manchaug Chicken Mill' brings up a little history on the building and an eyewitness account of the event by a young firefighter, Steve LeClaire. 

1 hour ago, finbar said:

That must have been cool to witness...

I really didn't see to much of it . All I had time for was to pick my spot with the camera and held my finger on the release button. I didn't really know what I had till I picked up the pics a couple days later, If I had anytime at all I would've had at least one camera on a tripod and maybe I could've seen it real time. 

22 mins ago, Niveker said:

Pretty cool photos, thanks for posting them. I grew up right down the road in Grafton and don't ever remember hearing of the Manchaug chicken fire.

Not sure about posting outside links here, but a Google search of 'Manchaug Chicken Mill' brings up a little history on the building and an eyewitness account of the event by a young firefighter, Steve LeClaire. 

I knew Steve not well just enough know who he was . 

Carolina Wren’s. They will live under this overhang on my back porch. Been doing this for years. Not sure if they are same birds or new ones every year. They face towards the wall and I guess they think you can’t see them. Haha 

4A2C5950-ADEF-42B3-A702-59F31E517283.jpeg

3 hours ago, Steel Pulse said:

Carolina Wren’s. They will live under this overhang on my back porch. Been doing this for years. Not sure if they are same birds or new ones every year. They face towards the wall and I guess they think you can’t see them. Haha 

4A2C5950-ADEF-42B3-A702-59F31E517283.jpeg

I had a nest on a window sill behind my grill.

Damn male was loud! And he liked to sing at sunrise. About 20 feet from where I was sleeping. Cool birds though.

Something climbed up onto my porch and got the nest. I noticed it had been quiet for a couple days, looked in the nest and the eggs were gone. They never came back.

54 mins ago, mikez2 said:

I had a nest on a window sill behind my grill.

Damn male was loud! And he liked to sing at sunrise. About 20 feet from where I was sleeping. Cool birds though.

Something climbed up onto my porch and got the nest. I noticed it had been quiet for a couple days, looked in the nest and the eggs were gone. They never came back.

They are super Loud. Cool song. Probably my favorite birds. They will be there all thru the winter. They love to build nests in hanging plants.