Birdsnester

Dogs, our best friends. Let’s see em!

Rate this topic

321 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Envy69 said:

It hasn't been a walk in the park, however given what I have learned during the process I will do it all over again.

Being consistent with training and having your family members on board is one big step in the right direction.

Bullet turned one is January, with that said he is still a puppy with a lot of energy. I have gotten him to the point where I can 

allow my 5 year old daughter and 4 year old son to walk him without any fear of Bullet dragging them down the block.

He is has plenty to learn as do I.

Wow.  I rescued an Australian cattle dog / catahoula leopard working breed for sure but not on your level.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 3/31/2021 at 4:10 PM, fmtuna said:

This is going to be our 6 hour Saturday drive to Virginia.. she is 12 weeks old today and ready to come home to Margate and become a part of the local puppy patrol.. no name yet because we have to let the Grandkids in on the naming process.... Naturally I wanted to call her Googan so I could call for her real loud on the beach when the tourists are in town but my wife nixed that...

IMG_8581.jpeg

Ought to have my brain examined for starting with a puppy... but wtf, here we go again...

An interesting experiment to turn a mountain dog into a boat dog...

OK, tomorrow is 1 week with the little pup... that is anything but little.. and I am head over heels and can't get enough of her.

My 5 YO granddaughter took the liberty of naming her and as a little Disney princess herself, has given her the moniker of Princess Charlotte Fluff Muffin of Margate, the lovliest lady in all the land".. so Char it is.  We have been taking her down to the beach every morning and she loves the sand and other local dogs.  

IMG_0819.JPG

Here is an action series, where this Great, soon to be very big Pyrenees spies the magical white neighborhood bunny while stoicly protecting her new territory... and she springs into action!

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

Yawn.. anybody got a biscuit?

Edited by fmtuna

5 mins ago, fmtuna said:

OK, tomorrow is 1 week with the little pup... that is anything but little.. and I am head over heels and can't get enough of her.

My 5 YO granddaughter took the liberty of naming her and as a little Disney princess herself, has given her the moniker of Princess Charlotte Fluff Muffin of Margate, the lovliest lady in all the land".. so Char it is.  We have been taking her down to the beach every morning and she loves the sand and other local dogs.  

IMG_0819.JPG

Here is an action series, where this Great, soon to be very big Pyrenees spies the magical white neighborhood bunny while stoicly protecting her new territory... and she springs into action!

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

Good Looking dog Ed...........but be prepared for the "Barking"!!!!!

Wife's daughter has been temporarily staying with us for approximately a year until her job straightens out, at which point, she'll relocate......BUT, in the meantime, we also have her TWO GP's....4.5 and 1 year old and while they are loving dogs........the bbbaaaaarrrrkkkkkkiiiiiinnnnnnggggggggg is beyond what any of us expected!!

Good luck with yours and keep us posted ...........thank God you have the beach as your back yard.....she'll love that !!!

1 min ago, RocksMeEasy said:

New rescue workin’ dog

811E0FAB-6D2C-4CD1-B626-9EA6D690AC21.jpeg

Good luck with him or her ...had two...one like your pic and a black tri..very smart dogs

Back from the vet today for our Maia's second round of shots...she gained 8 lbs. in last 4 weeks...in crate training mode...not getting much sleep and she is the reason I am missing the bite but worth every hour of fishing & sleep I am missing...her pic at almost 11 weeks old...

thumbnail.jpe

Edited by Bob S.

2 hours ago, RocksMeEasy said:

New rescue workin’ dog

811E0FAB-6D2C-4CD1-B626-9EA6D690AC21.jpeg

Beautiful!  Sheltie or Australian Shepard?  I have 2 Shelties and love them to pieces 

7B893F53-5E1E-4D91-92CB-42C280F2A79C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bob S. said:

Back from the vet today for our Maia's second round of shots...she gained 8 lbs. in last 4 weeks...in crate training mode...not getting much sleep and she is the reason I am missing the bite but worth every hour of fishing & sleep I am missing...her pic at almost 11 weeks old...

thumbnail.jpe

Bob, she is so gorgeous!  Big paws!!!

1 hour ago, Birdsnester said:

Bob, she is so gorgeous!  Big paws!!!

Yes she has big paws...hope she will not be as large as our Siena at 92 lbs....will shall see and I will keep posting

On 4/9/2021 at 9:27 PM, Bob S. said:

Yes she has big paws...hope she will not be as large as our Siena at 92 lbs....will shall see and I will keep posting

Bob.  She is getting big.  

On 4/9/2021 at 4:02 PM, yogiiiboy said:

Good Looking dog Ed...........but be prepared for the "Barking"!!!!!

Wife's daughter has been temporarily staying with us for approximately a year until her job straightens out, at which point, she'll relocate......BUT, in the meantime, we also have her TWO GP's....4.5 and 1 year old and while they are loving dogs........the bbbaaaaarrrrkkkkkkiiiiiinnnnnnggggggggg is beyond what any of us expected!!

Good luck with yours and keep us posted ...........thank God you have the beach as your back yard.....she'll love that !!!

Yogi... this pup has only found her bark maybe three or four times in the last week and I am hoping she is the shy and more silent type!  LOL.

The housebreaking is breaking me... I did all the reading of the "new" methods (yes, my last dog got the screaming/yelling/scaring treatment inside and the reward treatment outside) but I am hoping these "reward only " advisors, know wtf they are talking about because this pup will go out, take care of both ends of business, then come back inside and within minutes find a spot to pee on a rug...  it is hard not to lose it...

My "step-o-meter on my phone logged me in at 11,999 steps from yesterdays walk-a-thons... and she still wizzed in the house twice............

Today, the wife took her for the beach walk and Char decided to really discover the ocean... she came home as one happy ball of sand!

Edited by fmtuna