HillTop

2021 All Things Fly Fishing - (BFD annual)

Rate this topic

622 posts in this topic

1 min ago, Drew C. said:

The rod, again, courtesy of BST. After much internal debate I've decided to fish locally in the salt. One, I miss it (thanks to my recent vacation). Two, I want to start traveling starting 2022 and I need the practice, I might as well fish while doing so. Three, it's time to unload the majority of my spin stuff. Going forward, fly only in the salt. I've accumulated a lot of stuff over the years. I have a lot more to go thru. Sad to see it go but it's going to fund new things and the fishery doesn't justify keeping it any longer.

IMG_3277.jpeg

Save atleast one spin setup for when the fish are beyond fly casting distance.You can even use it as a teaser rod to bring fish towards your casting range.That can be fun too heaving a plug with no hooks to tease.

6 mins ago, theshadow said:

Save atleast one spin setup for when the fish are beyond fly casting distance.You can even use it as a teaser rod to bring fish towards your casting range.That can be fun too heaving a plug with no hooks to tease.

I'm keeping few things, more because I can't give up all of it right now.

On 10/14/2021 at 8:38 PM, MikeK said:

The beer defiantely qualifies as cool s***.  Did you buy that local or import?  I have been on a steady diet of fiddlehead ipa, but have not seen the 2nd locally.

For MikeK - locally sourced, both of them (I found second fiddles too, they died a tasty death)...

IMG_3281.jpeg

Edited by Drew C.

8 mins ago, Drew C. said:

For MikeK - locally sourced, both of them (I found second fiddles too, they died a tasty death)...

IMG_3281.jpeg

Nice, CT got a delivery late last week.  I scored both single and double fiddle on Friday from my local shop  Could have bought the whole case of doubles, but decided to leave some to make some else's day.

8 mins ago, MikeK said:

Nice, CT got a delivery late last week.  I scored both single and double fiddle on Friday from my local shop  Could have bought the whole case of doubles, but decided to leave some to make some else's day.

I cleaned out the doubles (only 3, left single behind). They had some Lunch, that's always worth while.

21 hours ago, Drew C. said:

I cleaned out the doubles (only 3, left single behind). They had some Lunch, that's always worth while.

Wife just surprised me....  If you have not tried Frost yet, check it out.  It's another Vermont banger.

My next post will relate to fly fishing and not tasty vermont ipas.  Sorry for the temporary derailment.

20211027_180314.jpg

1 hour ago, MikeK said:

Wife just surprised me....  If you have not tried Frost yet, check it out.  It's another Vermont banger.

My next post will relate to fly fishing and not tasty vermont ipas.  Sorry for the temporary derailment.

20211027_180314.jpg

There hasn't been much fishin' lately here...

Covid crowds on the coast and inland have been maddening the last 20 months. 

Been working hard at finding some tranquility  “away from it all.”

Birds were scarce…so I fished. 

Found it…

3D5C6BE4-D31E-49D9-B0C0-2FFBF4112095.jpeg

DEBA8EDB-19E8-4EA3-9148-9A8B0D9A1EC7.jpeg

60143BD7-E590-4967-A8C5-804E411F5AC9.jpeg

519389B2-793E-4F42-87B2-8317815D32D9.jpeg