HillTop

2021 All Things Fly Fishing - (BFD annual)

Rate this topic

622 posts in this topic

52 mins ago, theshadow said:

Pete Grey may be interested in you decide to "Release" it.

I'm going to hold onto it for a while. Plus, the market for them has pretty much tanked over the years.They're a nice collectors item but that's about it now. Pretty much every reel co makes a sealed drag reel that is lighter in wt and larger in diameter. Plus, when those reels have issues you can probably get them fixed.

18 hours ago, Drew C. said:

I'm going to hold onto it for a while. Plus, the market for them has pretty much tanked over the years.They're a nice collectors item but that's about it now. Pretty much every reel co makes a sealed drag reel that is lighter in wt and larger in diameter. Plus, when those reels have issues you can probably get them fixed.

I can't part with my "collection" either.

So a couple my cats were bugging me to go out problem is they like it when your out with them . So now I'm sitting there in drizzle and wind waiting for them to get bored . So I grab a cup of coffee and my fly bag to sort out some junk . Maybe try for some artsy fartsy pics . Might as well was still fuming over the three gems I tied yesterday . Father time and arthrittus wouldn't let me play. Probably wouldn't bother me so much if I just had kept active tying like last winter . P9160008.JPG.872fd5ff79a82af496bbc44938861345.JPGP9180008.JPG.95b2517ff5d829790f0c1062b9b38641.JPGP9180007.JPG.2884d53ba61fb1aea5078c222d2b7878.JPGP9180006.JPG.c4189aa2fc8dd0ce14b5f3605baa0e2f.JPG

1st 30" on board off the board 

I've seen this before on bass usually on one side or the other, heard its from rubbing their face into the sand or gravel  not sure why tho 

IMG_20210919_095832_672.jpg

IMG_20210919_095832_705.jpg

IMG_20210919_095832_728.jpg

Edited by thaistick

Getting ready for Block. I need to pack up my crap today. Top - bottom: 10wt Burk (probably the best rod that I have ever thrown, ~20 years old); 9wt CTS courtesy of HL (just a c hair behind the Burk); 6wt Burk (maybe some shad around, too light for bass... :worms: ); 8wt CTS (again HL); T&T 12'6" 6wt - either overhead or casting practice. The damn albies better be around.

IMG_2464.jpeg

Edited by Drew C.

42 mins ago, Drew C. said:

Getting ready for Block. I need to pack up my crap today. Top - bottom: 10wt Burk (probably the best rod that I have ever thrown, ~20 years old); 9wt CTS courtesy of HL (just a c hair behind the Burk); 6wt Burk (maybe some shad around, too light for bass... :worms: ); 8wt CTS (again HL); T&T 12'6" 6wt - either overhead or casting practice. The damn albies better be around.

IMG_2464.jpeg

Let me know when you want to sell that mako!

On 9/19/2021 at 2:00 PM, Drew C. said:

IMG_2464.jpeg

Good luck Gear Junky.....