HillTop

2021 All Things Fly Fishing - (BFD annual)

Rate this topic

103 posts in this topic

Happy New Year all.  This has become my favorite thread on the board and its great to see the tradition continue.  Hope to post some fish picts soon.

Happy New Year !,Lets all get out and enjoy the fresh air, friendships and family outings. Dig into your memories and photos to keep the site so interesting 

Posted (edited) · Report post

15 hours ago, JEFFSOD said:

The tug is the drug :)

HT: on the mark again. Never met BFD but always found his posts interesting and often very informative. I would have loved to meet this gentleman. Meilleurs voeux to you all in this New Year, hoping that we'll be back to "normal" by the end of the year or at least on solid track to it.

Edited by Suave
Typo

Posted (edited) · Report post

Solid start to 2021. The river was pretty crowded today but my first choice spot was open. 3 for 4, first one came ~5 minutes into the day. Biggest was a c-hair over 20". Hopefully, the rest of the fishing year keeps up to the start.

DSCN2270.JPG

DSCN2275.JPG

DSCN2278.JPG

DSCN2282.JPG

DSCN2284.JPG

Edited by Drew C.

16 mins ago, Drew C. said:

Solid start to 2021. The river was pretty crowded today but my first choice spot was open. 3 for 4, first one came ~5 minutes into the day. Biggest was a c-hair over 20". Hopefully, the rest of the fishing year keeps up to the start.

DSCN2270.JPG

DSCN2275.JPG

DSCN2278.JPG

DSCN2282.JPG

DSCN2284.JPG

Great start for 2021 thanks for sharing 

1 hour ago, Drew C. said:

DSCN2270.JPG

DSCN2275.JPG

DSCN2278.JPG

DSCN2282.JPG

DSCN2284.JPG

Great start to 2021 and some nice fish too.   Shame the river was still crowded.  Was hoping the winter would clear out the crowds.

Man, ya'll are some fly-fishing fools!!   You are inspirational.  Can't wait till I retire/retire and join you for some of this.   What an incredible experience.  Great work!!

First outing of the year and the river gods blessed me with a great birthday present. New PB bull trout by far. I’m 99% sure it was over 30. Pretty sure it was well over 30, but that’s a tough claim to make as I didn’t tape it. I’ve taped a 28 and this thing was way bigger. Took me across the river and into my backing. Luckily it didn’t turn downstream and I was able to coax it back to my side and get it into the net. 

Pic is terrible as these fish are like greased pigs. It released itself before I got a proper shot. Whatever tho, great morning on the river. Landed one other about 17. Had another the same size get caught in a log and a huge one came over and just casually put its entire head in its mouth. These fish are wild. 

C9904386-613D-4EF5-A322-5540CC56EC9F.jpeg

3669DF0C-66D8-4A22-ABB1-0006538A40DC.jpeg