January 2021 Assigned Subject is:"Wildlife inThe Cold"

Rate this topic

Happy New Year Jim. You’ve been busy today posting all the 2021 threads, thank you! 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

It was cold today, like 70* early this morning. This guy let me get close with iPhone 

C89CCCDB-4AB9-4BD4-84A8-9999B8FF1078.jpeg

E271C26A-8C31-4C98-BC4E-F3F7515A227D.jpeg

C6D51603-8691-481A-B4B3-1CFCB061C2BA.jpeg

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

Well someone on the other side of my peninsula found a dead basking shark on their shoreline, today, I got winged vermin.  Definitely lost out on this deal...

"Eh, which one of you hosers brought the bredors???"

january geese.jpeg

Shall I go to heaven or a-fishing? - H. D. Thoreau

Veni.  Vidi.  Cepi. - with apologies to Gaius Julius Caesar

AS the Geese gather and fly over, and Road kills increase in my Area in Monmouth County NJ The Resident deer herd's make Nightly visits to my yard this year I installed Motion Lighting and 2 Let Flood Lights. They have become used to them and me going out on Deck taking Photos. almost seem to Pose for them. Numbers can be up to 12. They have become so comfortable they bed down  till about 11;30 each night they visit like every 1 - 3 days on their Circuit. To many to post just a few from past 2 weeks

Yard Deer Colage.odt

Heard 1.JPG

DSC_0008 (2).JPG

deer Back Yard.JPG

Resting and developing to wreak havoc on the insect world. The first picture is the Chinese Mantis (round) pod an invasive species and the second is a Carolina Mantis (elongated) pod. My experience in finding them is along paths facing the most sunlight as well as close to the top of taller bushes.   

IMG_6707.JPG

IMG_6684.JPG