Tautog blank recommendation

Rate this topic

James3shin

Been a long time since I’ve posted...Sadly, I just lost my dad to COVID and want to build a togging rod on his behalf. 

Apologies if my writing is all over the place but I’m just thinking of all the memories of going fishing with my pops. The man loved being on the water and despite being in his 70s, he was still going out to the bay 2 days a week.  I remember we used to get up at 4am to drive 45 min to catch a tide.  I honestly don’t remember how many fish we caught or got skunked but I remember our routine of stopping at the 

7-11 for coffee and then the bait shop. We’d be back before noon to do the weekend lawn work.

Before his passing, he was getting very interested in togging and I was thinking about booking a trip with him in Delaware or NJ...not being able to make this one last trip hurts. He was into fishing gear but when it came to fishing, he kept it simple and would often just drop bait. Sorry for the wall of text...just to keep it simple like dad: What’s a blank for togging in DE or NJ?

Edited by James3shin

1 hour ago, James3shin said:

Thanks tbush - looking into the 733.

No messages here, email xlrods@yahoo.com. YOu can google or FB search that blank, there have been a ton of DD fish caught on all the XC's. Which doens't mean anything, lol. I've sold hundreds of these blanks and rods, and there were no negatives from anyone when using it for a Blackfish rod.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

On 12/31/2020 at 6:17 PM, James3shin said:

Been a long time since I’ve posted...Sadly, I just lost my dad to COVID and want to build a togging rod on his behalf. 

Apologies if my writing is all over the place but I’m just thinking of all the memories of going fishing with my pops. The man loved being on the water and despite being in his 70s, he was still going out to the bay 2 days a week.  I remember we used to get up at 4am to drive 45 min to catch a tide.  I honestly don’t remember how many fish we caught or got skunked but I remember our routine of stopping at the 

7-11 for coffee and then the bait shop. We’d be back before noon to do the weekend lawn work.

Before his passing, he was getting very interested in togging and I was thinking about booking a trip with him in Delaware or NJ...not being able to make this one last trip hurts. He was into fishing gear but when it came to fishing, he kept it simple and would often just drop bait. Sorry for the wall of text...just to keep it simple like dad: What’s a blank for togging in DE or NJ?

Very sorry to hear about your dad. Stay strong bud.

Century Pro Togger should definitely be something you check out.

Where are you located?

Sorry for your loss.

we fish mostly out of MD, but live in PA

And the rod geeks , United composite, black hole, and now century pro tog blank have been popular.

UC79mega, CE760M.

Bh801M

rod geek 733, 803 and a C276HM or XH

popular models.

Tri-state-Custom Rodbuilders... NERBS