West coast Striped bass petition for Slot limit 20-30inch update

Rate this topic

Hokahey

Found a memorandum released by cdfg fisheries branch director addressing the fGC petition for slot limit here in California haven’t heard anything on this since it passed in June and this is first of anything I’ve seen thought I’d share with the west coast guys . I personally feel this is a stahl tactic to stop a slot limit and I know many were hoping to see this slot limit put into the regs sooner than later . @Mike Fixter this is the memorandum I was telling you about . 746E5101-00C6-4DB4-BD5F-AB49FE9D570A.jpeg.d197aed623398d90e6d8b7c830226df6.jpeg

(*member formerly known as 'Califulltiltfishing')

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.   It's very important we stay on top of this & continue to support the slot limit & NorCal Guides & Sport Fishermens Association as they are our primary voice in trying to save our striped bass fishery.   Additionally I think an e-mail or phone call to those listed in this memorandum may be of benefit.....  Mike 

I'm no scientist but I would support this whole-heartedly. I've only caught one striper over 30" EVER and I knew she had to swim free and make more bass for all of us to enjoy. Even though I was hungry, it was the best feeling to watch her swim away in the surf. 

Let's make our voices heard on this one. 

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught. 

4 hours ago, 247fishing said:

Damn why people even want to eat a striper that big, it don’t taste good for that size! 

That's kind of a myth promoted in large part by C & R guys.  I believe in releasing "ALL" large stripers, but in the event you have mortally wounded one, don't waste it.  I resent the promulgation of untruths to support any agenda.  If the fish is properly treated and bled, the taste and flavor is the same.  The size of the muscle flakes is larger and more fibrous, but the flavor is the same.  Makes a great mousse.  Some cultures actually prefer a more firm or toothsome texture as a part of their culinary repertoire.

15 hours ago, bass11 said:

That's kind of a myth promoted in large part by guys that have never caught a big one.  I believe in releasing "ALL" large stripers, but in the event you have mortally wounded one, don't waste it.  I resent the promulgation of untruths to support any agenda.  If the fish is properly treated and bled, the taste and flavor is the same.  The size of the muscle flakes is larger and more fibrous, but the flavor is the same.  Makes a great mousse.  Some cultures actually prefer a more firm or toothsome texture as a part of their culinary repertoire.

Fixed it for ya.....lol

Two things in life I love. Fishing, and looking at the wives pictures on the milk Carton