cow tamer

COVID-19 VACCINE SHOT(S) - YES OR NO

Rate this topic

229 posts in this topic

There's the unknowns involving the new vaccine(s)

and then

there's the uncertainty of dealing with the virus.

So do you get the shot when offered or pass and wait.

Tough choices.

2 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I’m an average Joe, I don’t have to make that decision for, what, three months? 

Same here. Only I was thinking more like a year or so before I had to make a decision. But you never know. 

I’m in, provided it’s one of the two mRNA vaccines presently approved and not one of the two adenovirus vaccines struggling to get approved :read: 

6 mins ago, TimS said:

I’m in, provided it’s one of the two mRNA vaccines presently approved and not one of the two adenovirus vaccines struggling to get approved :read: 

which ones you referring to?

I'm all in on the JNJ one.. but It will be a year before I would have a chance at any vaccine

1 min ago, TimS said:

I'm sure you know this already but.....any experience/knowledge of the relatively new immunobiologics used for cancer (like chemo in lay terms but much different) such as keytruda or opdivo?  Those are mouse antibodies that are "humanized" and exponentially multiplied in hamster ovaries.  They're saving lives of people with cancer that stood no chance prior to their development.  Would you say no to those because they came from a mouse?  If you only knew how many drugs are made from "chimp adenoviruses" you might change your tune.  That said, if you were aware and are only averse to the live virus in question then I'm in agreement....gimme the mRNA or nothing but only because I don't want the ague and so on.  If it were the only option for something like polio then I'd get it even if it were bigfoot adenovirus.  I *ly thought you were bemoaning that you couldn't choose between moderna and pfizer.

Look forward to brokedick's response immediately following yours.

God you are sensitive.

1 min ago, HopHead said:

I'm sure you know this already but.....any experience/knowledge of the relatively new immunobiologics used for cancer (like chemo in lay terms but much different) such as keytruda or opdivo?  Those are mouse antibodies that are "humanized" and exponentially multiplied in hamster ovaries.  They're saving lives of people with cancer that stood no chance prior to their development.  Would you say no to those because they came from a mouse?  If you only knew how many drugs are made from "chimp adenoviruses" you might change your tune.  That said, if you were aware and are only averse to the live virus in question then I'm in agreement....gimme the mRNA or nothing but only because I don't want the ague and so on.  If it were the only option for something like polio then I'd get it even if it were bigfoot adenovirus.  I *ly thought you were bemoaning that you couldn't choose between moderna and pfizer.

Look forward to brokedick's response immediately following yours.