What did Santa bring?

Rate this topic

WorcBoy

2 hours ago, FoliFish said:

93AC33EC-E8F3-4824-9C17-56A394834B64.jpeg

Did you load them with water or oil?

I have 2 Redfins. I loaded them up with water but it eventually evaporated out. 

The first canal striper I ever caught, 32", during the morning slack tide, was on a loaded Redfin. I haven't used them since the water evaporated out of them. I've been too lazy to load them back up. 

I should make a point to use them again this upcoming season. I do well with SP minnnows, Bombers and X-Raps so I haven't gone back to the Redfins.

Edited by zak-striper

14 mins ago, zak-striper said:

Did you load them with water or oil?

I have 2 Redfins. I loaded them up with water but it eventually evaporated out. 

The first canal striper I ever caught, 32", was on a loaded Redfin, during the morning slack tide. Since the water evaporated out of them I haven't used them. I've been too lazy to load them back up. 

I should make a point to use them again this upcoming season. I do well with SP minnnows, Bombers and X-Raps so I haven't gone back to the Redfins.

I use oil.  That's what I started with and I'm just a creature of habit.  Plus I'm too lazy to reload if the water evaporates.  

That said, I did consider water the other day because the oil leaves a mess WHEN (not if) they eventually leak.  They've been pretty good to me since I started using them (after fishing buddies showed me the way years ago), so no reason to change it up now I guess lol.

Bombers haven't been good to me, and I can only seem to find rats with the SP.  7" Mambo Minnow has been pretty good for me though.

Edited by FoliFish

1 hour ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Wrong vehicle santa:witty:

I do need a bigger car too!

"Long range" - CTS Vapor Trail 12ft 2-6oz, Shimano Stradic FL 5000, Powerpro Super Slick 8x V2 15lb.

"Light duty" - Daiwa Labrax AGS 106MH, Shimano Stradic CI4+ 4000, Florida Distance Premium 15lb braid

"Super duty" Blackhole Striped Bass Special 11ft 3/4-4oz, VS VR50