Sporto10003

Delaware River Rte 80

20 posts in this topic

I've fished under Rte 80 and had some success but not to comforting with all that noise and pollution.  Any recommendations if I head out on 80 should I go north or south in NJ or PA to find a nice spots with some riffles I could wade into....going this week.  

Going up the PA side on River Rd, there's parking/access/ramps at several spots between Water Gap and Dingmans (Smithfield Beach, Bushkill, Eshbach, etc), and several hiking or picnic areas that offer some access to little stone/sand beaches if you scurry down a steep bank.  I don't think you ever go more than 3-4 miles on River Rd without passing a gravel road heading down toward the river.  Not all of them are fishable, but I think several could be, if memory serves.

Most of the time I fish that area I'm in a canoe, so I know there's similar access points on the NJ side, I'm just not as familiar with them by name.  

7 hours ago, Sporto10003 said:

I've fished under Rte 80 and had some success but not to comforting with all that noise and pollution.  Any recommendations if I head out on 80 should I go north or south in NJ or PA to find a nice spots with some riffles I could wade into....going this week.  

As @fishfood stated plenty of spots to access the Delaware from the PA side but the river won’t be fishable for quite awhile if we get the predicted storm tomorrow and Friday. 

The river at Montague is currently 3,500 CFS - that’s a very safe level to fish from the bank and wade out a little.

‘’Anything above 10,000 CFS - you really need to know your spots to safely fish the River. 

After the rain starts the river will be ~ 27,000 CFS on Friday morning at that level the river will be DANGEROUS - trees, branches etc will be ripping down the River. 

Saturday morning the river will be 70,000 CFS and will take days to settle back down. 

A3A29D02-B927-429E-BBEF-4EB1CFBD80C4.png

I never did good in that area. When I fished the big dee. I usually will fish the area down from the big flat brook dumps into. I just wade from the side of the river. Done very well on trout & smallies.But as others have said there alot of water predicted to come down. That river gets very dangerous when the water is moving like that 

Yeah your all right it's too fast for anything productive.  I've fished it after a good rain storm farther north by Narrowsburg but it's wide up there and plenty of spots to stay out of the current.  For fishing it where Big Flat Brook dumps in where do you park at River Bend Park Ground or just road side and walk down ?    Will not be going this week to dangerous.  

I usually will park @ almost the end where the flat brook dumps into the delaware. There will be a little dirt path you can navigate your vehicle into a little parking lot enough for 4 or 5 vehicles. I will usually walk down that path parallel to the flatbrook into the delaware & wade the banks maybe a 1\4 mile or so.  

Edited by vce12342000

22 mins ago, Sporto10003 said:

huh not seeing it on google maps this is South of Flat Brook correct ?  Sounds like may need a 4 wheel vehicle I got a Toyota matrix.

I made into the parking lot with this :laugh:

dFt82tR.jpg

Just now, vce12342000 said:

I made into the parking lot with this :laugh:. The image will not show up on google. But just before the bend in the road to the right. The dirt path will follow the flat brook river away from the main road. Sometimes it will be hard to see as its has heavy vegetation hiding it 

dFt82tR.jpg

1 hour ago, vce12342000 said:

There will be a little dirt path you can navigate your vehicle into a little parking lot enough for 4 or 5 vehicles.

Maybe you shouldn't post that here then?