Corpslave

Ice fishing 2020/2021

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

Nice job @mikez2 showing your boys the right way. For what it’s worth if you are good with a fillet knife pickerel filets are every bit as good as perch, you just need to get the y bones out. 

I haven’t seen near the disrespect on the ice as I have on the canal; at a breachway; on a boat or in the surf. I’m sure they are out there since they are everywhere; but my time spent on the ice is primarily much less prone to running into d bags as most other avenues of fishing.

9 hours ago, giggyfish said:

Nice job @mikez2 showing your boys the right way. For what it’s worth if you are good with a fillet knife pickerel filets are every bit as good as perch, you just need to get the y bones out. 

Thanks.

My son brought a buddy along who kept a few of the bigger (small) pickerel to eat. He's a gung-ho foodie and wild game aficionado who joined us for his first ice fishing trip. 

I like pickerel to eat but am too lazy to try to get the bones out. Especially the small ones. 

9 hours ago, fishn333 said:

Does anyone know of any bait shops near or surrounding Palmer area ?  

Sometimes red bridge in ludlow is open when there is ice.   Need to check the Facebook page or just go to granby b and t.  He has everything and open all the time.

1 hour ago, John O' said:

Don't lump yourself in with them, astute people know there are scumbags who just happen to fish. 

I think he was responding to my comment that water department employees hate fishermen. Obviously that only applies to water departments with surface water bodies that fishermen access, oftentimes illegally.

I've worked at a couple different towns with small, remote reservoirs and it was always a constant battle with fishermen. Mainly trash and fires, also vandalism. 

One place I worked it was a daily task to clean debris from intake screens. Worm containers, dunks cups and beer cans, pretty much every day, and this was no fishing- no trespassing land.

Going around the shore line with bags to pick up trash was a dreaded job usually delegated to new guys and anyone who gets on the boss's shitlist.