Corpslave

Ice fishing 2020/2021

Rate this topic

213 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 hours ago, bdowning said:

Wareham search and rescue got called sunday to pull some guy out of a bog pd who fell thru. They still haven't found him to my knowledge. Careful out there folks !

Above is true. fire rescue stated he is known to swim in this pond in winter on a regular basis. Rip and sad either way. 

Edited by ctownfisherman

6 mins ago, JEFFSOD said:

Heard he cut two holes in the ice with the intention of swimming under the ice from one to the other and never surfaced at the exit.

Damn. I've seen a few YouTube videos of people doing that. Painful to watch. Seems like an epically bad idea. Can't imagine that feeling when you realize you can't find the hole...

4 hours ago, mikez2 said:

Yes, but with less yellow grubs. Still may find a few but not riddled like perch.

I've heard bass described as "muddy" but that may be from harvesting from swampy dark ponds, or from keeping them in live wells in warm weather. 

Taken from clean clear ponds in winter they're very mild.

I hate those little parasites. I’ve stopped keeping yellow perch because they are always filled with them. The only fresh water fish I keep now are crappie and white perch. They seem to be parasite free. 

52 mins ago, JEFFSOD said:

Heard he cut two holes in the ice with the intention of swimming under the ice from one to the other and never surfaced at the exit.

Guess he proved Darwin's theory.

9 hours ago, JEFFSOD said:

Never heard the full story until now. Thought it was someone skating or going after their dog and went thru by accident. Nope ! :eek:

12 hours ago, JEFFSOD said:

FFS. Solo?

25 mins ago, ermghoti said:

FFS. Solo?

I'm not gonna cut n paste the whole article but this was from NBCBoston;

"Earlier in the day Monday, officials said the man was at the reservoir with friends and planning to go for a swim. They said he enjoyed swimming in cold water and that he was a local who knew the area well."

It might be 50 degrees tomorrow and also both days this weekend. I think the ice season may be finished in my area. It sucks it just got started.