scoobydoo

createx UVLS Clear gloss and matte

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Anyone using them?

Just curious about durability.  

Everything I've read has been positive.   

(worth mentioning I don't plan on using it to replace epoxy.  )

Mainly for accents over epoxy and existing top coats, and experimenting using it as a primer.  

It sprays ok when mixed with pearls (figured I'd have some fun with it)

It is not durable. The UVLS is a replacement to a previous clear that was more durable but now it's a one part and doesn't hold up nearly as well. It is good for an intercoat or as a carrier for the createx candies though. You just need to top the bait of with a real clear after.

4 hours ago, lazzyone said:

It is not durable. The UVLS is a replacement to a previous clear that was more durable but now it's a one part and doesn't hold up nearly as well. It is good for an intercoat or as a carrier for the createx candies though. You just need to top the bait of with a real clear after.

Cool, thanks

I found it dries pretty hard, fingernails, if you dig at it can damage it.  Alcohol, just 70% isopropyl will wipe it clean off.  

I'm using as you state, 

As either a primer or over one.....mixing it with mica pigments, and spraying that. 2 part finish over top.

(haven't determined yet how the matte finish works over a 2 part epoxy coat)

Edited by scoobydoo

21 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Cool, thanks

I found it dries pretty hard, fingernails, if you dig at it can damage it.  Alcohol, just 70% isopropyl will wipe it clean off.  

I'm using as you state, 

As either a primer or over one.....mixing it with mica pigments, and spraying that. 2 part finish over top.

(haven't determined yet how the matte finish works over a 2 part epoxy coat)

Just a question. How long after application did you do your wear and solvent test?

I am getting ready to purchase clears. Deciding whether to use their line of clears or go to a poly U. Some plug patterns will be Etex  just because of I am suspending glitter in the clear coat.

Edited by Jim in WA

5 hours ago, Jim in WA said:

Just a question. How long after application did you do your wear and solvent test?

I am getting ready to purchase clears. Deciding whether to use their line of clears or go to a poly U. Some plug patterns will be Etex  just because of I am suspending glitter in the clear coat.

about 4 days.....isopropyl took it right off.

Anhydrous isopropyl I presume? much more effective as a solvent than your watered down drugstore rubbing alcohol.

I will just have to do what everyone else ends up doing. Experiment and test to fail. Eventually finding what works.

Edited by Jim in WA

1 hour ago, Jim in WA said:

Anhydrous isopropyl I presume? much more effective as a solvent than your watered down drugstore rubbing alcohol.

I will just have to do what everyone else ends up doing. Experiment and test to fail. Eventually finding what works.

actually just 70% store bought stuff.

I have half a liter of the 99.999999 left...with 2 gallons coming in the mail.

(that stuff melted a metanium dc brake unit, and took the paint off a spinfisher rotor :)  )

I cut tsi321 oil with it and store it...and use it mainly to speed drying and displace water in reels prior to reassembly to speed up the process.

WIll have to experiment with the new brand since 100% isopropyl is tought to come by and seem to be made differently due to demand from covid.