bronson

96 4Runner sticker

18 posts in this topic

wait, I think I missed the initial point from the opening post: this is a sticker on a 1996 4Runner that's for sale right now???

I thought that was the original sticker from 1996 when it was new, haha.

1 hour ago, runnsfromcops said:

wait, I think I missed the initial point from the opening post: this is a sticker on a 1996 4Runner that's for sale right now???

I thought that was the original sticker from 1996 when it was new, haha.

this  4runner is for sale for $ 3500.  says it runs   comes w extra trans and motor.   has 350000 miles on it.  rust not bad but didn't crawl under.    the point is a new one isn't a bad deal imho......I have a 2000 w 215000 miles    ....and don't plan on giving her top anytime soon. I seen gen 3 going way up in value soon. a lot of them out there but most are trashed.        agree the gen 4 w v8 is pick of litter...and not so many were made 

On 12/28/2020 at 1:06 PM, DEM Parking Lot said:

crazy how much vehicles depreciate in value....

And how much people are willing to spend on a new one.....

Sold my '96 a few years ago with 305k on it ran perfect, still going as far as I know. Had just a tad of rust underneath, great little trucks! Should have kept it as 5sp are hard to come by.

I think the point here is that a 2020 SR5 costs around $39,000. A similar truck in 1996 was $33,000. The price has only gone up $6000 in 14 years. That’s pretty good or the 4Runner was extremely overpriced in 96.