People flipping CCW plugs on ebay

Just now, skinnywater said:

Should members here that are flipping ccw plugs on Ebay be allowed to use the BST?  discuss....

If they bought elsewhere and sell elsewhere why should folks following the rules here be punished? Better off punishing those that hoarded and re sold disinfectants and masks... I don't need CCW plugs to get by and those desperate enough to overpay do so willingly. :shrug:

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

Someone with a history here of being less than honest who's been trying to get CCW plugs here since Bill passed and is now selling them (where they came from I don't know or care) for $125 on eBay...while I'm not going to remove him from this forum I'm going to forbid him from buying/sell/trading CCW lures here. 

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

8 mins ago, TimS said:

Someone with a history here of being less than honest who's been trying to get CCW plugs here since Bill passed and is now selling them (where they came from I don't know or care) for $125 on eBay...while I'm not going to remove him from this forum I'm going to forbid him from buying/sell/trading CCW lures here. 

TimS

I thought the CCW moratorium went for everybody for the time being? I also thought this was about members in general, you obviously have a particular offender in mind.  Is it fair to say "something is fishy around here"?

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau

8 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

I thought the CCW moratorium went for everybody for the time being? I also thought this was about members in general, you obviously have a particular offender in mind.  Is it fair to say "something is fishy around here"?

I had a guy contact me in private to ask if he could try to pick up a CCW to fish - he loves them, he fishes them and he lost his favorite. He doesn't sell them or trade them and legitimately wants to find a couple to fish. So I told him to go for it.

If I found out he was selling them on eBay I'd remove him from the BST Forum. Then this other member starts looking for CCW plugs again....while he is also selling other CCW plugs on eBay. That's fishy enough for that person to be banned from ever buying/selling/trading a CCW plug here again.

TimS

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Not easy to get the monkeys to stop flinging their poop around here. I wasn't friends with Bill, but did fish next to him and his buddy Joe, they advised me what color and speed the fish were keen to that morning without any prompting. Most are territorial and unhelpful but Bill and Joe not so. Whatever you can do to protect the good souls from being exploited by jackals is much appreciated. :th:

~Henry David Thoreau

1 hour ago, TimS said:

I had a guy contact me in private to ask if he could try to pick up a CCW to fish - he loves them, he fishes them and he lost his favorite. He doesn't sell them or trade them and legitimately wants to find a couple to fish. So I told him to go for it.

If I found out he was selling them on eBay I'd remove him from the BST Forum. Then this other member starts looking for CCW plugs again....while he is also selling other CCW plugs on eBay. That's fishy enough for that person to be banned from ever buying/selling/trading a CCW plug here again.

TimS

Is there a line of sight to when the ban will end? I fully support it and agree with it, though there are many of us I'm sure who would like to find one or two to fish. Hell, I'd post a video of me crushing the barbs and putting my initials on the back of it in permanent ink if i got lucky enough to find one. That said, given everything I've read and the outpouring of kind words, I find it hard to believe many will be given up...

4 hours ago, surfstryker said:

Is there a line of sight to when the ban will end? I fully support it and agree with it, though there are many of us I'm sure who would like to find one or two to fish. Hell, I'd post a video of me crushing the barbs and putting my initials on the back of it in permanent ink if i got lucky enough to find one. That said, given everything I've read and the outpouring of kind words, I find it hard to believe many will be given up...

Feel free to WTB them if you are going to fish them. I let one guy do it, then anyone that is willing to go on the books and say they are going to fish them can go ahead. I only want to stop the flippers....sucks to punish everyone.