Joe Alleges “Foul Play”

Rate this topic

RiverRaider

3 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

I wonder if Joe knows that isn’t true.

I don’t know if Joe is dirty here to any significant degree, but we’ve all known people like Hunter.  He’s the stereotype self-destructive dumbass that keeps making stupid decisions because he can’t see himself getting caught.  It’s not even necessarily Joe’s fault his kid turned out that way, but Hunter is the bullchitter that we always see his patting himself over his latest scam, just before he gets that deer in the headlights look when he inevitably gets caught.

He definitely cashed in on the family name in an unseemly way and had his share of issues, but he's not stupid. The guy has a Yale Law degree. However, I still can't imagine he's the smartest person Joe knows given the circles he's traveled in, but a father is going to stick up for his son.

3 mins ago, The Dude said:

Wake me up when there's charges. The constant conspiracy theories and accusations that result in absolutely nothing have gotten way past tiresome. I think there's a story about a similar phenomenon that involves and boy and a wolf. 

I agree... Joe shouldn't be peddling this garbage.

Lot's of gullible folks longing to hear what they want to hear are going to start spinning like tops, I suspect the Pro-Biden media will be in on the act sooner than later 

In fact he shouldn't be commenting on the case at all... clearly 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

4 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

I agree... Joe shouldn't be peddling this garbage.

Lot's of gullible folks longing to hear what they want to hear are going to start spinning like tops, I suspect the Pro-Biden media will be in on the act sooner than later 

In fact he shouldn't be commenting on the case at all... clearly 

He's still a private citizen and he has a point in that it's basically a cheap shot against him. The whole exchange is entirely reasonable in context. Joe seems to be taking the high road. 

The president-elect made the comment Thursday night in an interview on CBS’s “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert,” where he was asked by the host how he plans to deliver on his promises of bipartisanship even as “the people who want to make hay in Washington are going to try to use your adult son as a cudgel against you.”

“We have great confidence in our son,” the president-elect responded. “I am not concerned about any accusations made against him. It’s used to get to me. I think it’s kind of foul play. But look, it is what it is, and he’s a grown man. He is the smartest man I know [in terms of] pure intellectual capacity. And as long as he’s good, we’re good.”

4 hours ago, RiverRaider said:

Persecuting Hunter to get to him 

Can you Biden supporters get behind him here... Did Trumps Justice Department cook up   a deep state plot to frame Hunter in order to bring Joe down ?

~

Trump's 4d Chess game is so good, he set up Hunter before he even announced he was running for POTUS, derp!!

Literal Clown World with this peoples! ~ :laugh:

"Hunter's the smartest guy I know." 

~

Clown World ~ Honk, Honk.gif

Edited by nalu22

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." 

14 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

I don't know, I also don't care. If nepotism and self dealing concerns you, DJT is a much greater offender.

I hear that a lot......but not many examples, especially on the tax payer dime. Nepotism is a nice tidy package that may make you sleep well, but the issue of selling out American interest to China for personal gain is pretty difficult to sweep under the rug. Comparing Trump to Biden in this regard is apples to rotten bananas. Most folks that can separate the facts from partisan knee jerks get this.

I think Dementia Joe probably thinks Hunter is himself coming back from the past, and is trying not to do the "Judgment Day"-time travel-Terminator thing and destroy the world?

I think some here need to loosen up their tinfoil conspiracy caps a little....

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

22 mins ago, The Dude said:

He's still a private citizen and he has a point in that it's basically a cheap shot against him. The whole exchange is entirely reasonable in context. Joe seems to be taking the high road. 

The president-elect made the comment Thursday night in an interview on CBS’s “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert,” where he was asked by the host how he plans to deliver on his promises of bipartisanship even as “the people who want to make hay in Washington are going to try to use your adult son as a cudgel against you.”

“We have great confidence in our son,” the president-elect responded. “I am not concerned about any accusations made against him. It’s used to get to me. I think it’s kind of foul play. But look, it is what it is, and he’s a grown man. He is the smartest man I know [in terms of] pure intellectual capacity. And as long as he’s good, we’re good.”

He's clearly stating that he believes Hunter is being persecuted 

His handlers needed to walk it back for him

But I'm sure we'll hear more of the same language from media and political surrogates in the near future.  

That,  and more about Russian Disinfo 

Edited by RiverRaider

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

16 mins ago, The Dude said:

He's still a private citizen and he has a point in that it's basically a cheap shot against him.

While I can agree with you on this in general theory, I have a very hard time believing that Joe was not "at the very least" fully aware of Hunters shady dealings, if not fully involved even if through intermediaries. The Media would be working 25hrs a day if this was Trump and Don Jr.

The lying dog-face pony soldier has hairy legs.  He loves it when roaches sit on his lap and stroke his wet, hairy legs.  Right before he goes out in the parking lot and beats a black man with a chain.  Did I mention he is against letting black kids ride the bus with white kids?  Kids like Kamala Harris, they would make it a racial jungle.  Even though they’re just as smart as white kids.  They just need to have the record player on more.

36 mins ago, The Dude said:

Wake me up when there's charges. The constant conspiracy theories and accusations that result in absolutely nothing have gotten way past tiresome. I think there's a story about a similar phenomenon that involves and boy and a wolf. 

You can go to sleep. It's going to be a few weeks. But it will be soon. We have a bona fide deadline. If it doesn't happen by 1/20/21, then it will never ever happen. I'm extremely confident that it will. There's a storm a'brewin'.

CAUTION: RUBICON CROSSING AHEAD

3 mins ago, BW said:

While I can agree with you on this in general theory, I have a very hard time believing that Joe was not "at the very least" fully aware of Hunters shady dealings, if not fully involved even if through intermediaries. The Media would be working 25hrs a day if this was Trump and Don Jr.

I'm not sure that I'd use the term "shady" to describe the dealings. He was doing private equity deals and consulting. Of course, he likely wouldn't have gotten in the door at most places if his last name wasn't Biden. 

I don't think Joe had much if any involvement though as there isn't really any evidence of that and one of the emails from the laptop explicitly stated that he had no control over what Joe did and said. 

Also, the media was working 25 hours a day on the Hunter story as it was first litigated during the impeachment stuff and then again when the laptop of suspect provenance came about. The problem is that there isn't much there to move on. 

Let's see where it goes though. I seriously doubt any charges come out of it. Even tax stuff doesn't turn criminal unless you understate your tax liability by more than 50%.

10 mins ago, The Dude said:

Also, the media was working 25 hours a day on the Hunter story as it was first litigated during the impeachment stuff and then again when the laptop of suspect provenance came about. The problem is that there isn't much there to move on. 

Dozens of former intelligence officials sign letter warning Hunter Biden story could be Russian disinformation

- Boston Globe 10/22/20

FBI investigating if Hunter Biden email story tied to Russian disinformation effort

-Fox 10/16/2020

Trump Said to Be Warned That Giuliani Was Conveying Russian Disinformation

President Trump shrugged off the warning from the intelligence agencies, officials said.

-New York Times 10/22/20

Democrats Warn of Possible Foreign Disinformation Plot Targeting Congress

Democrats demanded an F.B.I. briefing. They were concerned about a potential Russian-linked effort to interfere in the election by using a Senate panel to advance smears against Joe Biden, officials said.

-New York Times 9\2\2020 

They've been all over it... like ugly on an ape 

Edited by RiverRaider

26 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

Dozens of former intelligence officials sign letter warning Hunter Biden story could be Russian disinformation

- Boston Globe 10/22/20

FBI investigating if Hunter Biden email story tied to Russian disinformation effort

-Fox 10/16/2020

Trump Said to Be Warned That Giuliani Was Conveying Russian Disinformation

President Trump shrugged off the warning from the intelligence agencies, officials said.

-New York Times 10/22/20

Democrats Warn of Possible Foreign Disinformation Plot Targeting Congress

Democrats demanded an F.B.I. briefing. They were concerned about a potential Russian-linked effort to interfere in the election by using a Senate panel to advance smears against Joe Biden, officials said.

-New York Times 9\2\2020 

They've been all over it... like ugly on an ape 

Oh...you want ALL the media outlets to cover it with the same gusto. That's not how it works.