reeldude56

Another WTB conventional surf reel

14 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, CJS said:

I have a Saltist 30H in used but good condition. I just don’t use it anymore.

$100 to your door.

Not looking for anything larger than a 20h but thanks  

6 mins ago, mako20ft said:

Penn International 965.  Let me know any interest and I'll provide more info/pics

Not looking for anything with the levelwind, sorry should have been more specific

17 hours ago, reeldude56 said:

Just aquired 2 surf rods that need reels... CTS 1305 and gen2 CCP 8-12oz for bait fishing the OBX.

The penn 525 mag i posted in the other surf conventional thread is available if you're interested

I have a 3 NIB 525 mags $200 shipped each in US

I have 3 well used 525’s. They would come with a new anti-reverse bearing, new stamped bearing, Spool bearings have the shields removed for ease of cleaning and the drags will have cals grease on them.  They will also have an upgraded handle, it will look like the new fathom handle but it is from a torque. If you really like the old style handle I have plenty around.  That I would sell for $140 shipped each.

I also have 2 first generation fathom 15 in excellent condition that I would sell for $140 shipped each. 

If You are coming to the OBX you can throw the used ones before you buy.  RDT does not have any of the GEN one fathoms left.  Before purchasing any, I would check out the GEN 2 fathom 12s with mag control.

Have you thrown those rods?  Those 2 blanks are complete opposites in action. Both are excellent 8nbait rods but that will be tough going back and forth between the 2.  Just my opinion, thanks.

9 hours ago, savfish said:

Have you thrown those rods?  Those 2 blanks are complete opposites in action. Both are excellent 8nbait rods but that will be tough going back and forth between the 2.  Just my opinion, thanks.

I threw the cts a couple times. I haven't surf fished in years and need to work on proper form and technique and just learning about how different heavers perform. Is the ccp a slower action and more of a "C" curve when loaded?