I think I found the perfect scissors

Rate this topic

drumsfield

I'm was looking for the very best rust proof scissors for use on my boat. Mainly to cut bait and fish. Ideally it would be one that can be taken apart and washed and completely rust proof and sharp enough cut through fish bone and braided line. My previous scissors would rust as soon as I took at out and I would have to clean them after every trip. Just bought this pair after weeks of search and asking online. They're a lot bigger than I imaged but perfect in every way. Time will tell if they rust but I google the steel and looks to be very corrosive resistant.

Ugly Stick Scissors

Edited by drumsfield

Shimano Stratic Ci4+ 4000/St Croix Premier 7ft 

Shimano Stratic FK 5000/St Croix Triumph 9ft

Shimano Saragosa 6000/St Croix Mojo Surf 11ft

23 mins ago, sytheteacher said:

I use 99 cent store scissors.. I purchase 6 scissors about a year ago assuming they were disposable but what has happened is I'm still using my first pair and the rest are in my tool box.. 

Got a link lol?

Seriously though I went through countless scissors and they all rusted. Started out with cheapo ones from my daughters desk they actually held up better than a $14 pair of dexter scissors I bought from the tackle shop.

21 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

Those look pretty versatile.  I like heavy scissors for small game, birds and fish prep.   

Safer as well.  I take blood thinners and a anti clotting med so I bleed like crazy.   If I can use scissors I will. 

And it's much safer to use scissors on a boat as well. I used to cut my bait with a knife then discovered I don't need a cutting board if I used scissors. Then I began my search for the ultimate scissors.

Edited by drumsfield

49 mins ago, Waverider23 said:

These wiss scissors all day, easily can get them at home depot.  Might not be rustproof, but some versions can be taken down and they're very durable.  Easily one of the best crab cutting scissors on the market, and can be had for under $20

wiss-scissors-cw11tm-64_145.jpg

I had a pair of those.  LOVED them.   Could never remember the name.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Waverider23 said:

These wiss scissors all day, easily can get them at home depot.  Might not be rustproof, but some versions can be taken down and they're very durable.  Easily one of the best crab cutting scissors on the market, and can be had for under $20

Agreed, best crab cutters out there.  I just wipe them off and they are lasting all season no pitting little rust.

I like the Harbor Freight 'heavy duty' SS ones that can be had for $8 with the ubiquitous 20% off coupon. Can snip right through a 10# blue's throat no problem, can even chunk a bunker with them. The spring is best replaced with stainless, but it's not necessary if you keep it well greased.  I broke a pair of those black dollar store ones fishing, these are much better. Since I'm on a kayak I drill a hole in the end of the handle and put a piece of pool noodle on a short coil leash as a buoy. 

post-15110-0-50770600-1494965589.png

I use poultry shears on the boat for bait and fish.. 

The blades come apart for easy cleaning.. they are durable, no issues cutting bone or crabs or whatever else I need them to.. the handles are spring loaded, Which I like .. big grips, also a plus.. $3 a pair on amazon.. ordered 1, liked them, ordered 20 more..

They will rust eventually.  But I don't care.. they lasted a full season of long boat days several times a week and that's more than I could ask.. I have 20 seasons of scissors left... 

20201218_121744.jpg

Edited by Beachglass Guru

8 hours ago, Waverider23 said:

Normally, I could care less about scissors because anything will work, but they look like good scissors - perfect for crabs that I may have to pick up

Edited by Jason B
"It's the weekend, I don't know you, you don't exist to me." The Hangover

On 12/18/2020 at 1:07 AM, Beachglass Guru said:

I use poultry shears on the boat for bait and fish.. 

The blades come apart for easy cleaning.. they are durable, no issues cutting bone or crabs or whatever else I need them to.. the handles are spring loaded, Which I like .. big grips, also a plus.. $3 a pair on amazon.. ordered 1, liked them, ordered 20 more..

They will rust eventually.  But I don't care.. they lasted a full season of long boat days several times a week and that's more than I could ask.. I have 20 seasons of scissors left... 

20201218_121744.jpg

That's just what I'm looking for. Do you have a link?