RussB

WTB rod/reel combos: all-purpose kayak/back bay striper/fluking rigs

30 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, FISH BUCKET said:

Small reel is a quantom catalyst 10

other reel is a daiwa ss tournament 1600

Got it, thanks. That's too small for how I'd want to use the rod, but I'm thinking about this.

Hey Russ B.  Just an offer let me know if they fit your bill.

The whole lot $215 OBO I can add some small bt and soft plastics for the kids as a stocking stuffer.  Happy holidays sir!

stcroix premier PS66MF one piece 

st croix triumph TRS60MF one piece 

shimano stimula STS-70M2 two piece 

condition is used only is freshwater.   Guides are solid and rods are used.  
The reels need servicing, and I am not trying to sell ya on em.  Feel free to bust my chops.  :box:
All line rollers need a cleaning.  
1.Shimano baitrunner 3500, roller needs cleaning and shaft is slightly bent.  Still functional for your needs just not up to par for a 30 lb rockfish.  

2. Shimano spirex works but slips back a 1/4 turn like the old penns.  I removed the QuickFire as it just makes things glitchy

3.  Old zebco 6020 for the kids (FREE)

4.Pflueger trion river find .(FREE)       (Needs a full cleaning but still functional)
 (Free to the kids to tinker with)
Not included in lot:
I also have a 9 foot Two piece ugly stick gx2 which throws light bt but also landed a 38 lb flathead.  So it’s got juice.  Cheap rod and 7 year warranty.  Let me know what’s works for you boss.  

RC

46406D28-DEFB-4DCB-B8BC-FB72F0DAF7D2.jpeg

16E2213E-5519-45F7-9E8B-F13B34B09042.jpeg

53BA3108-1FE1-44E6-8FF8-568176B30F75.jpeg

3EDC723C-3E20-4772-9633-55BC647F38C1.jpeg

5C30BD97-8BDE-4BD4-BDA8-72B7EB3FA23A.jpeg

AAE36CEB-C311-4D65-8434-9361F53EB3BA.jpeg

79C1DF4C-F567-4EA4-BB35-E88D93E2590D.jpeg

17 hours ago, RiverCommando215 said:

Hey Russ B.  Just an offer let me know if they fit your bill.

The whole lot $215 OBO I can add some small bt and soft plastics for the kids as a stocking stuffer.  Happy holidays sir!

stcroix premier PS66MF one piece 

st croix triumph TRS60MF one piece 

shimano stimula STS-70M2 two piece 

condition is used only is freshwater.   Guides are solid and rods are used.  
The reels need servicing, and I am not trying to sell ya on em.  Feel free to bust my chops.  :box:
All line rollers need a cleaning.  
1.Shimano baitrunner 3500, roller needs cleaning and shaft is slightly bent.  Still functional for your needs just not up to par for a 30 lb rockfish.  

2. Shimano spirex works but slips back a 1/4 turn like the old penns.  I removed the QuickFire as it just makes things glitchy

3.  Old zebco 6020 for the kids (FREE)

4.Pflueger trion river find .(FREE)       (Needs a full cleaning but still functional)
 (Free to the kids to tinker with)
Not included in lot:
I also have a 9 foot Two piece ugly stick gx2 which throws light bt but also landed a 38 lb flathead.  So it’s got juice.  Cheap rod and 7 year warranty.  Let me know what’s works for you boss.  

RC

[Pictures]

Wow, what a lot, thanks! I definitely can't take on all of it. I already have a lot of tools and recreation gear that are "mostly functional but need attention". I'll get back to you here if that changes or if I need just a portion of what you've posted. Or are you only willing to part with the whole lot?

Edited by RussB

All rods for 150.  The trion is free for kid to clean and call their own.  I can still throw in some goodies for the stocking. 

Here’s a blast from the past atom(they still work...) mirrolure, jumpin minnow 3/8-3/4 bt/jig head.  
If I may suggest that is a solid quantum pt for small fish and easy on the kids arms.  I used mine as a young angler and still do today.  Worth every penny.
RC
We can meet Before Xmas to get these under the tree.

If you want a specific plug just ask.  

2DDF65FA-4153-406F-ABDD-6A054D14517C.jpeg

25 mins ago, FISH BUCKET said:

$100 is good if picked up or meet up

Okay, I'm in Salem County, 10 or so minutes from Route 40 and Route 55.

If I throw in $20 will you give up the other combo? River Commando has good things to say about that setup, haha.  No worries if not.

1 min ago, FISH BUCKET said:

It’s christmas so why not.........

Great! Thanks!

Will PM so we can arrange pickup or meetup.

@RiverCommando215 thanks for your offer and the Christmas spirit! I know it was quite good, but I've now blown through my Christmas budget. We'll be busy haunting the sodbanks this Spring.

That was the right choice.  That st croix will function for years and years. If your kid would enjoy it I will send the trion and some of the pluggage to ya for his stocking.  If not don’t fret.  Enjoy the time with your kid.  Those memories with my father are what I hold dearest to my heart today.  Now I am taking him out and watching him crap his pants when a slob gobbled up his eel!!!  It has come full circle.  It’s not about the fish

Tight lines and merry Xmas 

RC

19 hours ago, RiverCommando215 said:

That was the right choice.  That st croix will function for years and years. If your kid would enjoy it I will send the trion and some of the pluggage to ya for his stocking.  If not don’t fret.  Enjoy the time with your kid.  Those memories with my father are what I hold dearest to my heart today.  Now I am taking him out and watching him crap his pants when a slob gobbled up his eel!!!  It has come full circle.  It’s not about the fish

Tight lines and merry Xmas 

RC

Hey that's awesome RC, thank you! Is it easier to meet somewhere, or send it? [And I'd be happy to pay shipping].

I have 5 kids, oldest is a boy (13), then three girls (11, 8, 5) and youngest is a boy (2 months) and I hope to get them all hooked. The 11-year old and 13-year old already love it. Working on making those good memories. 

I'll hit you on PM to follow up, so I don't keep bumping this thread to the top of the BST fourm.

UPDATE: Deal concluded, a pleasure as usual when dealing with folks from this site. Thanks @FISH BUCKET

I'll now lock the thread.

Edited by RussB
update without bumping