t_man7

Lordship Lure Co. (Woodbuster)

73 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, t_man7 said:

Here’s a short article that was featured in the SJ a little while back.

7AA6B4E8-7112-4D20-ACA3-835DFC5F4405.jpeg

543F000F-2351-4378-B9F6-399454A58B4D.jpeg

Timmy. Will the old a40s swim good with just a flag on the back

41 mins ago, Goldy said:

Timmy. Will the old a40s swim good with just a flag on the back

I personally only fish mine with the 6/0 Vmc siwash as that is what was intended to be on the back.  I’m sure the plug will do just fine with a flag but to be used optimally, I think a 6/0 siwash is the way to go.  I’m starting to experiment with adding a small amount of tail weight, here it is to account for the weight of the 6/0 siwash.  It would be embedded in the plug and a flag would be left hanging off the back.  This would get rid of the use of a 6/0 siwash on the tail.  First pic shows 6/0 siwash flag and total weight.  The second pic shows the flag and the amount of tail weight to account for the weight of a bare 6/0 siwash, as well as total weight.  And third pic shows the tail weight in the plug.  If you look closely you’ll see I put the tail weight slightly below center.  This is because the usual 6/0 siwashes weight hangs far below center (hopefully this will mimic something like that).  I am still yet to test this, but I am pretty hopeful that it will swim the same if not similarly.

13C89648-EB5E-4DF3-A04E-0DA2B4DFBE8F.jpeg

AC06B237-E732-47E4-B7CB-653B8B55BACF.jpeg

B08B6930-352B-4411-AC8A-0D5A10A7F1A1.jpeg

Edited by t_man7

13 mins ago, t_man7 said:

I personally only fish mine with the 6/0 Vmc siwash as that is what was intended to be on the back.  I’m sure the plug will do just fine with a flag but to be used optimally, I think a 6/0 siwash is the way to go.  I’m starting to experiment with adding a small amount of tail weight, here it is to account for the weight of the 6/0 siwash.  It would be embedded in the plug and a flag would be left hanging off the back.  This would get rid of the use of a 6/0 siwash on the tail.  First pic shows 6/0 siwash flag and total weight.  The second pic shows the flag and the amount of tail weight to account for the weight of a bare 6/0 siwash, as well as total weight.  And third pic shows the tail weight in the plug.  If you look closely you’ll see I put the tail weight slightly below center.  This is because the usual 6/0 siwashes weight hangs far below center (hopefully this will mimic something like that).  I am still yet to test this, but I am pretty hopeful that it will swim the same if not similarly.

13C89648-EB5E-4DF3-A04E-0DA2B4DFBE8F.jpeg

AC06B237-E732-47E4-B7CB-653B8B55BACF.jpeg

B08B6930-352B-4411-AC8A-0D5A10A7F1A1.jpeg

Nice keep up the good work

The last batch, all need a clear coat.  Some I have clear coated already with epoxy to find bad results.  Will be trying out different clear coats in the near future.

1E5053F8-F32A-4C5B-997D-CF49670EFAC6.jpeg

On 12/8/2020 at 5:02 PM, t_man7 said:

Here’s a drawing I made up for when I hand turned a couple of his agitators a year or two ago (the blank shown is an original).  That lathe broke less than 6 months after I got it.  I wish I could have gotten more use out of it.  I tried buying replacement parts to the lathe to find out they didn’t make them anymore. :soapbox:

6B8782A0-8DA5-424E-A384-17CDA7342FA9.jpeg

Just a tail weight eh??  

19 mins ago, Bluetaildragger said:

Just a tail weight eh??  

Yes just tail weight.  0.24oz (we don't promote or discuss them here) tail weight.  You have to drill out 1/4in deep 1/8in wide hole into it for the tail grommet to fit.

26 mins ago, t_man7 said:

Yes just tail weight.  0.24oz (we don't promote or discuss them here) tail weight.  You have to drill out 1/4in deep 1/8in wide hole into it for the tail grommet to fit.

Interesting, about what angle do the tails sit in the water? 

5 mins ago, Bluetaildragger said:

Interesting, about what angle do the tails sit in the water? 

About at a 45*.  Here’s a swim test video, I was new to spooks at the time so there’s some angler error.

IMG_0438.MOV