t_man7

Lordship Lure Co. (Woodbuster)

73 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, t_man7 said:

That’s the old reliable right there, the black atom 40 was always the killer.  I think it’s because it was a solid color, the fish couldn’t detect the rolling motion most a 40’s have (including the lordship).  One of these has your name on it.  I’ll paint it up in whatever color you would like.  I think you said you liked blue cloud in a past article you wrote.

73484020-AB15-45D6-83D4-94BA6CEC7699.jpeg

Sounds like you are suggesting roll is bad. I guess if that's all it does it's bad but surfsters have roll with their wag and it's definitely not a bad thing.

4 mins ago, BassAssasin said:

Sounds like you are suggesting roll is bad. I guess if that's all it does it's bad but surfsters have roll with their wag and it's definitely not a bad thing.

I see your point, but no rolling motion on any plug is natural.  Isn’t that what we as plug builders are trying to do? Mimic nature.  Here’s an old post from Woodbuster’s opinion.

C6DD519D-40B3-4DA2-A50A-49D7C6C7F43E.png

2 mins ago, t_man7 said:

I see your point, but no rolling motion on any plug is natural.  Isn’t that what we as plug builders are trying to do? Mimic nature.  Here’s an old post from Woodbuster’s opinion.

C6DD519D-40B3-4DA2-A50A-49D7C6C7F43E.png

As I said excessive roll isn't good but I think a little roll with the wag emulates a wounded bait fish well. That's why surfsters are effective. I am talking about surfsters like ccbc or troublemakers. If you ever fished them u will know exactly what I am referring to.

1 min ago, BassAssasin said:

As I said excessive roll isn't good but I think a little roll with the wag emulates a wounded bait fish well. That's why surfsters are effective. I am talking about surfsters like ccbc or troublemakers. If you ever fished them u will know exactly what I am referring to.

I don’t really have any experience with surfsters.  I’ll have to experiment with them more.  I don’t think many make them because they really only succeed in calmer conditions. I’m sure the properties of the surfster lip make a plug swim drastically different than a Z lip.  But for most Z lip plugs I can say that showing rolling motion generally is not a good thing.

baitfish don't roll, I agree. They really don't have an exaggerated side to side motion either yet plugs catch fish anyway:laugh: fact is baitfish movement is barely perceivable. Probably one reason needles work so well, aside from profile

Here are some Lordship A 40’s, I’m not sure if you guys have noticed yet but I take all of my lordships out of the package (You should too!) not only do you get to fish them when you take them out of the package, but you also get to admire the workmanship of each and every plug.

DD7EB192-8C5A-49F6-8E13-B30D0169F1B2.jpeg

Edited by TimS
This forum is not for buying, selling or announcing BST stuff - and PM buying/selling/trading has never been allowed here.

I finished a dozen lordship jr bodies turned by left hook recently.  Here’s a swim test video of one of them.  I even had the lordship packing cards in bulk as well, it really made them seem like real lordships.

495F0977-2D3E-4757-B4F5-C122C734D482.jpeg

07B154BC-D96B-4FAD-845F-58E945BA9F64.jpeg

On 12/8/2020 at 3:26 PM, t_man7 said:

6 agitators (all original bodies, middle two are clear coated by me but painted by lordship.  All others (bottom 2 & top 2) have been painted and clear coated by me.  I used rattle cans at the time I painted them.  The top 2 have system 3 clear coat and the bottom 4 are etex.

1F8491D8-2798-490F-8207-F590588B3691.jpeg

start off by saying was a pleasure to meet you and your dad and thanks for the yak..nice work on the plugs was impressed by the swimmer you showed us.keep it up young Tom you def got a future in the plug world if you choose that route..id keep lordship in the name maybe try lordship lures made by tommy (your last name) gl and tight lines to u and your dad..thanks again