t_man7

Lordship Lure Co. (Woodbuster)

73 posts in this topic

9 mins ago, t_man7 said:

Here’s a drawing I made up for when I hand turned a couple of his agitators a year or two ago (the blank shown is an original).  That lathe broke less than 6 months after I got it.  I wish I could have gotten more use out of it.  I tried buying replacement parts to the lathe to find out they didn’t make them anymore. :soapbox:

6B8782A0-8DA5-424E-A384-17CDA7342FA9.jpeg

What part of the lathe broke? They're pretty simple machines. Bearings go bad and motors definitely fail, I recently burned one up after 20 years. What brand is the lathe? Should be able to find parts. If you plan on continuing the line you should keep the name IMO. I mean if you plan on selling plugs and you are able to maintain the same quality and designs there is already a reputation established. Good luck.

3 hours ago, t_man7 said:

If it does it wouldn’t be Ron, he moved and I acquired almost all of his stuff.

When are you gonn start up.  I love the lordship plugs.  The agitator is my favorite spook ever and I. Have a ton of them

4 hours ago, t_man7 said:

The Connecticut Yankee (Kierran broatch) did on lordship lure co. a little while back. (I believe the blog post is called “Wood is good”) 

Do you recall when this was published?  

8 mins ago, dannyplug1 said:

When are you gonn start up.  I love the lordship plugs.  The agitator is my favorite spook ever and I. Have a ton of them

The agitator is one of the best casting spooks I’ve seen.  If you haven’t already watched this video Ron did on the agitator I think you would enjoy it.  I plan to start turning once I get the workshop put together.  It needs, new cement floor, heating, 3 walls still need to be finished, and electrical.  I’m sure it will be a while, hopefully sometime this winter/early spring.

3 mins ago, Southcoastphil said:

Do you recall when this was published?  

Published Monday, December 6th, 2010. I tried posting the link to it but it said the post had to be approved by an admin so I just gave up.  I guess your not allowed to add hyperlinks from outside websites.

19 mins ago, t_man7 said:

Published Monday, December 6th, 2010. I tried posting the link to it but it said the post had to be approved by an admin so I just gave up.  I guess your not allowed to add hyperlinks from outside websites.

Thanks Tom.

I was not familiar with Kierran's blog, but from what little I have just seen it looks v cool.

17 mins ago, VanStaalSteve said:

Ron made a nice A40 too

887BBB15-2565-409D-9527-E1ABB7709CEF.jpeg

That’s the old reliable right there, the black atom 40 was always the killer.  I think it’s because it was a solid color, the fish couldn’t detect the rolling motion most a 40’s have (including the lordship).  One of these has your name on it.  I’ll paint it up in whatever color you would like.  I think you said you liked blue cloud in a past article you wrote.

73484020-AB15-45D6-83D4-94BA6CEC7699.jpeg

Edited by t_man7

These are lordship poppers,  I don’t believe these ever hit the market but they are fish catcher for sure.  Top two are original, bottom is painted and clear coated by me but is original LS body.

DEBCF53D-5EFE-4E6F-9DEC-985BE4F88442.jpeg

5 hours ago, t_man7 said:

6 agitators (all original bodies, middle two are clear coated by me but painted by lordship.  All others (bottom 2 & top 2) have been painted and clear coated by me.  I used rattle cans at the time I painted them.  The top 2 have system 3 clear coat and the bottom 4 are etex.

1F8491D8-2798-490F-8207-F590588B3691.jpeg

These all lookkiller but esp liking that camo plug!