Lordship Lure Co. (Woodbuster)

t_man7

On 12/6/2020 at 10:16 PM, t_man7 said:

As many of you know Lordship is one of my favorite builders.  Figured I would start a thread to see some of the lordships you guys have.  To start here are a few of mine straight from the man himself.  Mojo eelskin plug from the YouTube video called “Lordship mojo eelskin jr”.  A hand carve lordship swimmer.  And lastly a uncommon color lordship 1.5oz pencil. (This plug has been pretty good to me recently). All sitting on top of a ZeeBaas box, Ron was manager there for many years.
-Tommy

7D9FD6D7-6FF9-4518-B30F-D0FE33F6AB9E.jpeg

A4E07E47-DAD8-43AD-9A9A-124997222941.jpeg

41F58702-7F3A-4CC8-8473-4B916EA34706.jpeg

Liking that swimmer. Never seen one 

here’s a photo from a nice post The Connecticut Yankee (Kierran broatch) did on lordship lure co. a little while back. (I believe the blog post is called “Wood is good”)  These are smaller agitators, Ron’s son designed the smaller agitator.  I don’t think there are very many of them.

D182C93E-58BE-4598-86CE-2E9C7B164758.jpeg

Why aren’t you fishing?

5 hours ago, t_man7 said:

Not sure I’ll keep the name, but maybe.  I’ll definitely do some of the LS originals (slim Jim, jr, agitator, etc).

Ron made a great line up of plugs that caught fish and not made to entice fishermen. Good designs and a well deserved reputation go with the name, hope you keep it. 

6 agitators (all original bodies, middle two are clear coated by me but painted by lordship.  All others (bottom 2 & top 2) have been painted and clear coated by me.  I used rattle cans at the time I painted them.  The top 2 have system 3 clear coat and the bottom 4 are etex.

1F8491D8-2798-490F-8207-F590588B3691.jpeg

Why aren’t you fishing?

22 mins ago, t_man7 said:

6 agitators (all original bodies, middle two are clear coated by me but painted by lordship.  All others (bottom 2 & top 2) have been painted and clear coated by me.  I used rattle cans at the time I painted them.  The top 2 have system 3 clear coat and the bottom 4 are etex.

1F8491D8-2798-490F-8207-F590588B3691.jpeg

Real Nice looking Mack bud!   

8 mins ago, BassAssasin said:

Are you turning anything on this newly acquired equipment? You said these are Lordship bodies, did you get the machines or just his unfinished blanks? Nice paint.

Both, I’m talking about the unfinished blanks here.  I still have to set up my workshop before I start turning myself and using all the equipment.  I have all of the original templates for all the plugs as well.  Except the agitator it was dropped and damaged when he was getting ready to move. :blackeye:

I already made another agitator template though, its identical to the human eye.

Edited by t_man7

Why aren’t you fishing?

Here’s a drawing I made up for when I hand turned a couple of his agitators a year or two ago (the blank shown is an original).  That lathe broke less than 6 months after I got it.  I wish I could have gotten more use out of it.  I tried buying replacement parts to the lathe to find out they didn’t make them anymore. :soapbox:

6B8782A0-8DA5-424E-A384-17CDA7342FA9.jpeg

Edited by t_man7

Why aren’t you fishing?