fishnlaxli

Zeebaas Service Contact

Rate this topic

143 posts in this topic

11 mins ago, giant basshole said:

How any niche company today is not linked to every social media site available is mind blowing to me. Sounds like subconsciously this company does not want to expand or increase revenue. There really are no excuses for treatment like we are hearing on this post, too many forms of communication at your disposal to allow this to continue. Look at the rave reviews Jamie at flat lander gets as a one man show!

Couldn't agree more with this. Granted Jamies' line of work is a lot different than making reels (he can do all his stuff in house where ZB requires outside shops/labor), he at least is in contact with all his customers and more than reasonable on service.

ZBs lack of social media presence is pretty astonishing for it being 2021... I know if I had a company in this day in age I'd be all over it. Really does seem like they don't want to grow. 

15 mins ago, giant basshole said:

How any niche company today is not linked to every social media site available is mind blowing to me. Sounds like subconsciously this company does not want to expand or increase revenue. There really are no excuses for treatment like we are hearing on this post, too many forms of communication at your disposal to allow this to continue. Look at the rave reviews Jamie at flat lander gets as a one man show!

Jamie’s service has been nothing short of awesome in my experience. Like you said, he’s a one man operation. He’s amazingly busy but always responded to me quickly. He’s proof that a small operation can work very efficiently. 

27 mins ago, Drew C. said:

Jamie’s service has been nothing short of awesome in my experience. Like you said, he’s a one man operation. He’s amazingly busy but always responded to me quickly. He’s proof that a small operation can work very efficiently. 

Jamie’s excel sheet where you can see exactly where you stand is pure genius - just like the man himself.  There is zero question about where you stand 

Edited by Bluetaildragger

54 mins ago, Bluetaildragger said:

Jamie’s excel sheet where you can see exactly where you stand is pure genius - just like the man himself.  There is zero question about where you stand 

This is probably the best thing I have seen for a 1 man show. Jamie isn’t too busy on social media, but the spreadsheet answers questions and satisfies curiosities. 

3 hours ago, Bluetaildragger said:

And I would believe you without you posting those conversations Lou.  For some reason, you are insinuating that my experience has not actually happened.  For some reason, a lot of guys who have never had issues make that same insinuation. 

At the end of the day I am happy you can get responses and are treated well - truly.  I just wish I could say the same. 

Never brought you up in my conversation. I was speaking to ged.

I have two reels that need service. I figured I call before sending them in; reason being this on going post here and had a question on the new web site they have. My call was answered right away. The staff member directed me to where the service forms are on the new site, plain and simple.  I do not know of anyone that spends a ton of money on a new web site if there business is going under as some here would lead you to believe.

Thank you for your kind words. I have no idea how you were treated or why.

I will post my tracking number as soon as my reels are shipped and share my experience with ZeeBaas to the members here once they are returned.

Something came up. Hoping to get them out Saturday

Lou T

Edited by Lou T

3 hours ago, hobobob said:

I am not here to bad mouth Zeebaas. I do own their reel and used their service before. I want them to succeed. God knows we need more competition is this niche sport.  Whatever the issue is, bring it into the open. It will benefit the company in the long run.

Never said you were. Just letting everyone reading this post that's been going on since December 4, 2020, things may not be what they seem to be.

I have one reel that might need a new clutch bearing and another reeling with excessive resistance and labored at 180 degrees.

I to used there service before and was always treated fairly

Lou T 

Edited by Lou T

4 hours ago, Bluetaildragger said:

If you fully read this thread, you’ll realize that one data point of excellent customer service doesn’t put an end to anything - Your experience does not equal my experience, which does not equal @SaltChaser experience, which does not equal anyone else’s experience.  One person getting treated well while another is ignored for almost a year is not vindication of any sort.  In fact, if it proves anything at all it is that there is a large inequality among equally paying customers.  That is nothing to pride a business off of.  

Funny thing about calls and emails is there is a great record.  Text messages are even better, you can see it all in one easy to read screenshot.  I will not post my texts publicly, but rest assured I have the records.  

You sound like your not a happy customer.

Did you use blasphemous or obscene language in your correspondence 

17 mins ago, Lou T said:

You sound like your not a happy customer.

Did you use blasphemous or obscene language in your correspondence 

Lou, 

Respectfully - if you paid $1200+ (which you did) and did NOT receive any information or updates to a process which is historically and noted amongst forums to take 3-6 months and for 6 months minimum, no one got in touch with you or responded to calls, voicemails, emails….would you be a happy customer? 
Thanks for reading

-Andrew

Bluetaildragger suggested I read the post  

On 5/27/2021 at 0:47 PM, fishbones said:

My expectation wasn’t that I’d have it back in 3 weeks, but I was hopeful based on past experiences with them. I had the same reel fixed and back in my hands in 5 days from the day I shipped it the last time it had an issue. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect at least a response within 2 weeks, but knowing there are extenuating circumstances I’ll temper my expectation. 

It appears ged is trying to help a member out here

On 6/3/2021 at 11:15 AM, Bluetaildragger said:

Ever get a response? 

and Bluetaildragger puts himself into there conversation

On 6/15/2021 at 0:08 PM, SaltChaser said:

I attempted to call again today. I see owner/employee left the contact information in a previous response. No answer as expected. I think I have left 3 or 4 emails as well. If it wasn’t 2-3 hours for me to get there I would go in person as Ged mentioned. 

then you respond to him, walking into a conversation you weren't apart of initially in the first place 

44 mins ago, SaltChaser said:

Lou, 

Respectfully - if you paid $1200+ (which you did) and did NOT receive any information or updates to a process which is historically and noted amongst forums to take 3-6 months and for 6 months minimum, no one got in touch with you or responded to calls, voicemails, emails….would you be a happy customer? 
Thanks for reading

-Andrew

Then Bluetaildragger copies you so you could go on to tell me how dissatisfied you are the way you been treated by ZeeBaas. Dose that just about sum up what's been going on here.

Was your issue ever resolved, and what was it to begin with. You paid for a reel you did not get in a timely fashion. Or is it your reel did not get serviced fast enough.

Is there a question or statement here, what is it your trying to say  (which is historically and noted amongst forums to take 3-6 months and for 6 months minimum)

@Lou T Apologies that I was not clear. Was stating what I have read in the forums regarding typical build time. Also, by what I was told by a ZB employee before deciding to purchase the reel. The question I had for you was if you, as a first time customer you would be complimentary of the service if after spending $1200+ for a reel; not receiving the reel in the lead time provided by ZB employee; inquiring through every avenue available to you on several occasions, and getting absolutely no response for several months? I assumed some delays due to COVID, we have had issues getting parts/materials in our industry. I truly believe that the solely most important part of running a business in the service industry is solid relations/communication with your customers. Without them there is no business. 

1 min ago, SaltChaser said:

@Lou T Apologies that I was not clear. Was stating what I have read in the forums regarding typical build time. Also, by what I was told by a ZB employee before deciding to purchase the reel. The question I had for you was if you, as a first time customer you would be complimentary of the service if after spending $1200+ for a reel; not receiving the reel in the lead time provided by ZB employee; inquiring through every avenue available to you on several occasions, and getting absolutely no response for several months? I assumed some delays due to COVID, we have had issues getting parts/materials in our industry. I truly believe that the solely most important part of running a business in the service industry is solid relations/communication with your customers. Without them there is no business. 

You feel better now... :D

That will be $200.00 dollars. I accept paypal

Lou T

@SaltChaser 

So you ordered a custom Z with custom colors, that at the time you where told it may take six months

Then deep down you figured covid played a role getting parts and material

Honestly, I've almost ordered a lefty reel a couple times in the last 2 years. But, never pulled the trigger. Not sure what to make of the whole situation anymore.

Realistically though I waited 6 months more than I was told for the lefty vr's. 

I still wanna own a zb, but this thread has kinda had me second guessing ordering a reel.