fishnlaxli

Zeebaas Service Contact

Rate this topic

143 posts in this topic

20 mins ago, Mark L said:

Man I feel bad for the bluetaildragger on this one, 11 months is a problem in my eyes. I would personally want to know what the hold up is. I’m sure they have all the reel parts on hand ready to assemble if one bought a standard reel. Is the profit margin that low on these reels that they need a good about to anodize? Or is the owner tight and doesn’t want to lose a penny on a $1400 reel? Hopefully Scoob will help you get to the bottom of this. 
 

By the way what color Ferrari did you order? 

The point is they don't have the reel parts on hand they have to order them special as I'm sure they were special colors.  As you mentioned I don't think it would take 11 months for black or silver.  Don't know if the owner is tight but he is a businessman.  I believe it was stated he was offered a refund. I think also if you go on their site they have some custom colors that people decided they didn't want or perhaps they didn't come out perfectly so they are offered at a discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 mins ago, Mark L said:


 

By the way what color Ferrari did you order? 

He'd have already received a ferrari.................The mclaren dealer has an overstock 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, PaulS said:

The point is they don't have the reel parts on hand they have to order them special as I'm sure they were special colors.  As you mentioned I don't think it would take 11 months for black or silver.  Don't know if the owner is tight but he is a businessman.  I believe it was stated he was offered a refund. I think also if you go on their site they have some custom colors that people decided they didn't want or perhaps they didn't come out perfectly so they are offered at a discount.

I personally don’t know how the anodizing thing works. I assumed that everything starts out silver then is colored as needed. Maybe my thoughts on their reels being made are wrong. As far as being a business man he did offer a refund which is nice, but making the customer happy would be nicer since he paid up front in full. I’m hoping for a happy resolve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

He'd have already received a ferrari.................The mclaren dealer has an overstock 

Hahaha true and they are hand made. Go figure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every reel from Z, including silver and black, goes through the same process.  Parts are machined (some in house, some not) and the visible parts are sent off to the anodizer.  The only difference is that custom colors have a higher chance of mistakes being made in the anodization process.  I know the process and I expected a long wait (not this long though).  I’d be a happy guy and you wouldn’t have heard from me if there was better communication.   Ron seems like a great guy but customer service is lacking 

Edited by Bluetaildragger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So to chime in since this is still an ongoing issue.

@Bluetaildragger
 

After I finally got a response after several months of silence and having requested a refund. Was told my all black 27 bailed was ready to go or a refund check could be issued….except that the reel had an electric blue bail and knob cap. I originally said ok, but a few hours after I told Ron I would like the reel as ordered after waiting so long. Was told they could convert it to all black bail less ‘next week’ (which is now another month) or would be provided a lead time for the black bail arm. I said I would agree to take receipt of the reel bail less in all black. That’s the last ive heard and have reached out 3 times since. I have come to realize that the refund offer is just a way of buying more time because it’s actually ****ed up how things are being handled by ZB. It’s to the point I don’t even know what I’m supposed to do. I am 1-2 months order time behind @Bluetaildragger
 

I also wonder, was it even ‘my reel’ or did Ron send me photos of someone else’s reel, an old one that was already sent out, or someone’s who canceled their order and was offered to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the kind of company or treatment I want to deal with, particularly when they have high end equipment, thats usually a place you at least see top notch customer service. Shame on them, Covid and other situations included. 

 

For those interested in this line, save your money, don't become one of the folks that gets abused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SaltChaser said:

I have had enough, left my last message for Ron. 
Reel or refund or I’m filing a claim. 

If you get a refund or reel why would you file a claim?  Doesn’t either option fulfill their obligation to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ged said:

If you get a refund or reel why would you file a claim?  Doesn’t either option fulfill their obligation to you?

I think he means if he doesn’t get the reel or refund soon, then he will file a claim.

 

Its hard to believe some guys here plunk down good money, and then get the runaround like this from ZB. Yeah, i’m sure Ron’s a nice guy, or the pandemic screwed things up, or personal issues get in the way, and yada yada yada. It’s all BS! It’s bad business practice, and it’s not right! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 mins ago, Tagman said:

I think he means if he doesn’t get the reel or refund soon, then he will file a claim.

 

Its hard to believe some guys here plunk down good money, and then get the runaround like this from ZB. Yeah, i’m sure Ron’s a nice guy, or the pandemic screwed things up, or personal issues get in the way, and yada yada yada. It’s all BS! It’s bad business practice, and it’s not right! 

I can’t speak for anyone else’s experience. It would be fair. My personal experience has been overwhelming positive. Not only with their product but with their customer service. 
 

I don’t know what any of the details are, but I am sure that he will get his choice or refund or reel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 mins ago, ged said:

I can’t speak for anyone else’s experience. It would be fair. My personal experience has been overwhelming positive. Not only with their product but with their customer service. 
 

I don’t know what any of the details are, but I am sure that he will get his choice or refund or reel. 

Well, it certainly does not look like he's been given the choice of the 'reel'.  He's been dealt a bad hand on this one.  It is probably going to be a refund.  It sucks, because he's certainly invested much more than the manufacturer in getting this arrangement to work, and now has to back out and invest once again in another option.  Time is our most precious resource.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a mess over a fishing reel.. I really wanted to get a lefty ZB made/ordered in the near future but honestly I don’t think I have the patience after seeing this stuff. Nevermind my email quote/build was never responded to after almost a year now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ged said:

I can’t speak for anyone else’s experience. It would be fair. My personal experience has been overwhelming positive. Not only with their product but with their customer service. 
 

I don’t know what any of the details are, but I am sure that he will get his choice or refund or reel. 

Haha Gary you don’t count sir, you own one for everyday of the week. And two for Sunday. You have to admit his wait time is a bit absurd, but you don’t have to put down in writing.  Just weird to say the least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.