LockedDrag

Mackerel

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

49 mins ago, Southcoastphil said:

thanks, LD.

Looks like I'll be heading your way soon, with light gear for macks and 10# of lead.

I’ll likely be there next Sunday morning. I didn’t catch any today cuz I got out a little late but saw a few healthy buckets by others. Wicked cold 

3 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

I've never fished for macks (except in FL for spanish & baits on a boat)  

Anyone care to give me a run down on it?  

I love eatin em:manpig:   

They sell pre made mackerel "trees." It has four to six hooks with tubes on them and a clip on the bottom where you attach a small diamond jig. Just drop it down to where the macks are and jig it up and down. Sabiki's work too, but they are better if you attach a dodger on the top.

25 mins ago, MakoMike said:

They sell pre made mackerel "trees." It has four to six hooks with tubes on them and a clip on the bottom where you attach a small diamond jig. Just drop it down to where the macks are and jig it up and down. Sabiki's work too, but they are better if you attach a dodger on the top.

Ok,  sabiki style was what I used in FL for smaller bait macks.   

Most likely won't head outta state til I'm squared up on covid vaccines. So hopefully next year.  

Never realized how close I am to the CCC and that my CT license is good in NY, RI and Mass.  I just need to sweep my car for lost ammo. I've probably got a 100 loose rounds & empties in it.  

Shoot, a weekend like this in Mid Dec.  Cruise on up. Bang out some fishing. Maybe sleep over.  Be back the next day.    I've driven farther for a 12hr workday. 

Edited by PSegnatelli

54 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

Ok,  sabiki style was what I used in FL for smaller bait macks.   

Most likely won't head outta state til I'm squared up on covid vaccines. So hopefully next year.  

Never realized how close I am to the CCC and that my CT license is good in NY, RI and Mass.  I just need to sweep my car for lost ammo. I've probably got a 100 loose rounds & empties in it.  

Shoot, a weekend like this in Mid Dec.  Cruise on up. Bang out some fishing. Maybe sleep over.  Be back the next day.    I've driven farther for a 12hr workday. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think  your CT license is good in MA.

45 mins ago, MakoMike said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think  your CT license is good in MA.

Didnt think it was but I  think I saw it on the Mass F&G site. (Nearly 100% sure but I've been wrong alot!)