NJTramcar

Plug storage - looking for something similar

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Looking for a plug storage box like the Surfcaster Lure and Insert Storage Box.

I have no doubt that it is well built but it's out of stock and a bit pricey.

I have seen some for freshwater plugs where the squares are less than 1" which won't work.

Does anyone know of something similar for saltwater plugs?  I've tired the milk crate and tubes but looking for something like this.

1.jpg

Edited by NJTramcar

Aquaskinz makes a large gear storage bag but again it's pricey.

I've made my own from tennis ball tubes.

They are usually available at any tennis court and they're free.

Ask one of your friends who plays or their spouse or in-law plays and you'll have more than enough in short order.

You can secure them together with Gorilla adhesive/caulking.

As far as the bag goes you can make your own with some material, a zipper and a sewing machine.

Again, you'll need to lean on someone who can sew to get it done or do some experimentation on your own.

My guess is you can find a seamstress at a local dry cleaner or tailor to do the work.

Shoe repair places will also be able to do the sewing for you.

Much cheaper than buying eith of the other options.

Lakewood makes one. I don't have one though. I have the one made by flambeau, plastic on shell so hooks don't get caught on anything. Hell theres a couple guys out there who makes bags big enough like that. 8 tubes or something ridiculous.

Look for musky storage boxes. That's what the lakewood is designed for I think. Plano has/had some options but some aren't available anymore (like the M-Series Hydro-Flo Hanging Tackle Bag that has GIANT slots).

I used to use several inexpensive plug bags then switched to Plano boxes and a homemade rack.  This year I hung them using picture frame wire and found it easier to grab what I want as I can see colors and patterns instantly.  If hanging is not for you maybe central vac hose or florescent tube protector sleeves and some type of zip top cooler bag for a DIY config.