Popasilov

Life in Hamilton Township?

Rate this topic

114 posts in this topic

I received offer to relocate to Hamilton Township and I am very seriously consider it.

I drove down 2x for interviews, spent few hours driving around and place looks not so bad.

I can see basic stuff on the internet but would love to hear from the first hand if anybody is from around.

I know fishing will not be the same anymore, since I live on Long Island right now.

Thank you guys

8 hours ago, Popasilov said:

I received offer to relocate to Hamilton Township and I am very seriously consider it.

I drove down 2x for interviews, spent few hours driving around and place looks not so bad.

I can see basic stuff on the internet but would love to hear from the first hand if anybody is from around.

I know fishing will not be the same anymore, since I live on Long Island right now.

Thank you guys

Dude it’s jersey. Stay Away.  Fishing will be terrible for sure compared to LI.  

will you be closer to freehold side?

I lived in West Windsor Twp the last four years. We liked the entire area and would have no issues moving back. 

I'd imagine you will be downgrading your fishing opportunities quite a bit, as you seem to realize already. 

It is a nice area.  We live near but not in Hamilton Twp.

Like any places there are good areas and bad.  You could be 20 minutes from Princeton or 20 minutes from Trenton.

You have access to the turnpike and major highways close by as well as trains and airports.  You can be in Philly in under an hour and in an hour and a half, can be in the city, the Poconos, or Cape May County.

For fishing - You will be 45 minutes to an hour from the beaches.

Edited by NJTramcar

11 hours ago, Ash said:

i live a few towns over.  what would you like to know?  you'll have easy access to the delaware river!

Thanks Ash,

I am not much interesting on fishing scenery. I know i can jump on 195 and be in 45 min to Asbury or any other beach around.

Just would like to know quality of life, schooling , etc.

We have an 8 year old, 2nd grader that will change a school. That is more important than fishing.

Housing, school and crime are the things that are our concern.

3 hours ago, Goldy said:

Dude it’s jersey. Stay Away.  Fishing will be terrible for sure compared to LI.  

will you be closer to freehold side?

Thanks Goldy.

Fishing is my last concern at the moment; schooling, housing and crime are our main priority at the moment.

I don't know where is freehold side. I know i will be close to Kuser Farm park

It's NJ so public schools are better than most states but Hamilton not one of the better one's in NJ.  lots of old families that have been in that town for a long time, some new developments, some rougher parts.  Good solid blue collar/middle class area.  Kuser Park area is closer to Trenton, so be careful.  

Edited by Heron25

1 hour ago, PhilCVG said:

I lived in West Windsor Twp the last four years. We liked the entire area and would have no issues moving back. 

I'd imagine you will be downgrading your fishing opportunities quite a bit, as you seem to realize already. 

Hi Phil,

Downgrading may be a stretch; even I live on Island, due to job, not much time is left for fishing.

Housing, school and crime are our main concern.

As I said earlier, we have an 8 year old, spoiled, daddy's princess and everything is about her.

This job is better pay and better benefits but I don't know anything about schools.

I am hoping that someone with kids who lives in this area may chime in.

if you can swing a private catholic school and live in Hamilton, that's a better option.  I know a bunch of the Polish guys who live in Hamilton/Trenton area and they send their kids to Catholic School because they don't want them in the public schools.

7 mins ago, Heron25 said:

It's NJ so public schools are better than most states but Hamilton not one of the better one's in NJ.  lots of old families that have been in that town for a long time, some new developments, some rougher parts.  Good solid blue collar/middle class area.  Kuser Park area is closer to Trenton, so be careful.  

Thanks Heron

Sounds like any other average city in US.

Trenton has me worry a little bit but not so much.

7 mins ago, Heron25 said:

If you don't have to live in Hamilton, Robbinsville (next door) is perceived to be slightly nicer and safer.  

I have to be in Hamilton, since job comes with apartment.

6 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Hi Phil,

Downgrading may be a stretch; even I live on Island, due to job, not much time is left for fishing.

Housing, school and crime are our main concern.

As I said earlier, we have an 8 year old, spoiled, daddy's princess and everything is about her.

This job is better pay and better benefits but I don't know anything about schools.

I am hoping that someone with kids who lives in this area may chime in.

I have a 5 year old, 3 year old, and a 6 month old. My wife is a teacher also. One of the reasons we were happy to move to the area we did was the school systems. The West Windsor/Plainsboro school systems at the time at least, were top 10 in the state. I cannot speak to the Robbinsville/Hamilton Twp schools, @fishless may be able to. 

But if you aren't locked into Hamilton Twp, look at West Windsor/Plainsboro. As someone who moved there from outside of Philly, I couldn't believe how friendly and personable most people were compared to what we were used to. Very clean, not much crime that I'm aware of. It is pricey though.

We moved away from there for another job, but I'd move back in a heart beat.

--- Just saw above you are locked into Hamilton. So I'm not much help! lol 

Edited by PhilCVG

3 mins ago, Heron25 said:

if you can swing a private catholic school and live in Hamilton, that's a better option.  I know a bunch of the Polish guys who live in Hamilton/Trenton area and they send their kids to Catholic School because they don't want them in the public schools.

Funny, wife and I were just talking about it last night.

Have to see how much are those.