Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2020

Rate this topic

1,076 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, gobigblue said:

Whats up with all the sirens on sh today.  Its def not 1st responders racing to catch fish.  Water is mostly cleared up and fishable if you can stand the rain.  Id much rather it stay snow so in outta here.  Small fish on small teasers.  

Santa in the Highlands. Not to be a Scrooge but I had to bail on the area cuz it was so loud. Pretty stained and rough out there anyway. Should have when further south.

2 mins ago, beret said:

Yes they do........great game and  6/0 now and moving up.........great team efforts and no selfish players........go RU

Sorry, the Committee already ruled on it! :D

BTW, I surfed (not well) in the early 60s. Bought a kit board that my father and I assembled in our garage. Got it after talking to Hobie when he came to the first surf shop in Belmar. If memory serves, a teacher from Brick, I believe Bill Reich was his name, opened the shop. I gave the board to Sean, owner of the Fins shops. He'll clean it up and hang it in one of his stores. Never surfed again, after I came back from Nam.

MOCO 

Late posting of this morning's report... water cleaned up well and looked great.

Caught Baby New Year a little early... one and done for me.

He punched well above his weight... he could not have been 11 inches long but he fought with every bit of strength you would expect from a 12 inch fish:sarc:

Stay safe... it ain't over...

PXL_20201220_120100474.MP-1.jpg

PXL_20201220_120627586.MP.jpg

9 mins ago, unclemikenj said:

MOCO 

Late posting of this morning's report... water cleaned up well and looked great.

Caught Baby New Year a little early... one and done for me.

He punched well above his weight... he could not have been 11 inches long but he fought with every bit of strength you would expect from a 12 inch fish:sarc:

Stay safe... it ain't over...

PXL_20201220_120100474.MP-1.jpg

PXL_20201220_120627586.MP.jpg

Thank God you had your heavy setup with you!

22 mins ago, nam1969 said:

Sorry, the Committee already ruled on it! :D

BTW, I surfed (not well) in the early 60s. Bought a kit board that my father and I assembled in our garage. Got it after talking to Hobie when he came to the first surf shop in Belmar. If memory serves, a teacher from Brick, I believe Bill Reich was his name, opened the shop. I gave the board to Sean, owner of the Fins shops. He'll clean it up and hang it in one of his stores. Never surfed again, after I came back from Nam.

Cool storey.......not familiar with the names, other than Hobie of course. When we started Greg/Chris Mesanko were just youngings watching. Obviously Greg and Chris soon passed us and Greg eventually opened Grog's Surf Shop. We traveled to Manhawkin to visit this guy that supposedly sold surf boards.......it was Ron(of Ronjon). He was a butcher in his dad's grocery store and had a few California popouts in the isles of the store laying against some can goods........I bought a Tiki.......the rest is history. Ron then started selling custom boards out of the attic of his new home with his new wife and baby. I got a Dewey Weber Concave......last board I got from Ron . Ron soon went Hollywood after that, divorced his wife and developed the RonJon empire..........life moves on.

2 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

I was amped up after the RU b-ball game and had to get out. Furthermore my warranty waders came in! I had to break them in. SoMoCo 1 hr, dusk, water still clean but a little cloudy. End of outgoing, wind still very light. Grabbed 3, 2 on the RU red and black teaser and 1 on a small sand eel plug I found in one of my bins. Go RU!

FB015B0D-1D77-4C5C-89A9-E82E78E416F1.jpeg

FED390AC-B908-49DA-8DC3-333D6015183B.jpeg

Twice in one day...gotta love it. Didnt dare try to pull off another outing with the wife. Would suck to go out and come home only to find out the doors are locked and the keys dont work. Love the RU enthusiasm. Where can I buy the official RU teaser fly...on campus or off?

2 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

Furthermore my warranty waders came in! 

Just curious- what kind of waders do you have? 

I have an older pair of LL bean that just started to leak- they are actually warranty waders from years ago- was gonna try to take them in but I heard they changed the warranty from lifetime- to 1 yr! 

3 mins ago, Mr.Belmar said:

Just curious- what kind of waders do you have? 

I have an older pair of LL bean that just started to leak- they are actually warranty waders from years ago- was gonna try to take them in but I heard they changed the warranty from lifetime- to 1 yr! 

Frogs  Toggs. I got them for Father’s Day and they started leaking 3 months later. I’ve been waiting for 3 mos. for them to send a new pair.  Hopefully they’ll honor the lifetime warranty.

Edited by DeeMonee

3 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

I was amped up after the RU b-ball game and had to get out. Furthermore my warranty waders came in! I had to break them in. SoMoCo 1 hr, dusk, water still clean but a little cloudy. End of outgoing, wind still very light. Grabbed 3, 2 on the RU red and black teaser and 1 on a small sand eel plug I found in one of my bins. Go RU!

2 hours ago, beret said:

Yes they do........great game and  6/0 now and moving up.........great team efforts and no selfish players........go RU

Class of 78 here (Cook College)!   Best team since the iconic 75-76 team.  I went to several games in the Barn back then and remembered vividly how loud it was that the old gym shook and rattled.  We were going nuts on campus as they won every game all the way to the Final Four.  Go RU!

Edited by GeoffT

29 mins ago, DeeMonee said:

Frogs  Toggs. I got them for Father’s Day and they started leaking 3 months later. I’ve been waiting for 3 mos. for them to send a new pair.  Hopefully they’ll honor the lifetime warranty.

Cool thanks man... could you believe I (think I) have a pair of frogs togs coming for Christmas?!?? Lol will have to see how they hold up

Edited by Mr.Belmar

1 hour ago, DeeMonee said:

Consider yourself lucky for getting 3 months out of them.... Warranty isn't particularly helpful when you lose weeks of time waiting for the new ones every few months.

In my experience a good bang for the buck are Cabelas.

8 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

Not to derail this thread for all the report thread police but frog toggs are the absolute worst imho.  Ive had them leak after one week.   Ive never made it more than a month with them.  Everyone i know who has them, they leak. 

Edited by Goldy

7 hours ago, daves745t said:

Consider yourself lucky for getting 3 months out of them.... Warranty isn't particularly helpful when you lose weeks of time waiting for the new ones every few months.

In my experience a good bang for the buck are Cabelas.

Ive had a pair of Cabelas waders for a few years now.  They just won’t die.  The liners in the feet turn inside out whenever I take them off and are mostly worn through.  The boot bottoms look like an old pair of sneakers.    I’ve never had a pair of waders last so long.  Every pair of neoprene I’ve ever had gave a me a season at best. 

Oh man... looks like I’m gonna have to trade up for a pair of cabelas!! Thanks for the feed back guys

back to go fishing reports: 

moco  at dawn 

this morning- considerings what others posted in the past days- water clarity looks much better. Small wave action, light wind. Glassy water. Overall, nice fishy conditions. 

First cast must have landed in the fishes mouth- but I wasn’t ready lol missed the big one I guess...anyways- about 45min later at sunup, a couple of small heavyweights on the Ava. Good fight for the size of fish at least! 

089F8931-A445-4B91-92D9-E47FEF8A6FF1.jpeg.5fc3cbc6405a7918bb1766229b9b0280.jpeg

Frog toggs are garbage, had a pair leak on the first trip out with it around the stitching of the stocking foot. I'm currently running on two years so far on my L L. Bean emergers, seems fairly good so far, Ill have to see how she holds up. I say one good year and my beans are probably done. But I have my hopes she'll run a lot longer