Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2020

Rate this topic

1,076 posts in this topic

Based on surf cams from last night and marine forecast last thing expected was to almost getter sucked in ocean by backwash. Small fish rolling here and there. Nothing till way after sunrise when went to 3 to 4 inch paddle tail. 2 under 20 inches.

Whats up with all the sirens on sh today.  Its def not 1st responders racing to catch fish.  Water is mostly cleared up and fishable if you can stand the rain.  Id much rather it stay snow so in outta here.  Small fish on small teasers.  

Edited by gobigblue

Stayed local again this morning and did see a little activity out there.  Got two with one nice fat one.  There was a slow pick of fish by those who came out so its not over yet.  Water was looking great, didn't expect as much water being pushed up the sand.  Fish were more interested in anything with a very small profile fished rather slow.  As Nam mentioned, you could see fish rolling but mostly on the other side of the bar.  Might just stay close to home again tomorrow.

DSCF3375.JPG

Had trouble posting this weekend, but all is well as they were skunks. Today in MoCo, 2 hrs at sunrise, beginning of incoming, very light SW wind, water clear and clean with nice surf action. Met @adams54 today and @MC55 was present as well. Happy Birthday Adam! Slow action throughout the morning with periodic flurries of activity. Got the word that the fish were outside the bar. We switched to metal and that’s when the fun started...not for me though. Birthday boy had the high hook. Mike and i just had to shake our heads. The fishing gods gave him a great birthday present. Picked 2 myself, one on metal and the other was a last cast hook up on the teaser. Back at it tomorrow.

CB024CAD-E401-4375-9B72-A220C75A5350.jpeg

Edited by DeeMonee

34 mins ago, DeeMonee said:

Had trouble posting this weekend, but all is well as they were skunks. Today in MoCo, 2 hrs at sunrise, beginning of incoming, very light SW wind, water clear and clean with nice surf action. Met @adams54 today and @MC55 was present as well. Happy Birthday Adam! Slow action throughout the morning with periodic flurries of activity. Got the word that the fish were outside the bar. We switched to metal and that’s when the fun started...not for me though. Birthday boy had the high hook. Mike and i just had to shake our heads. The fishing gods gave him a great birthday present. Picked 2 myself, one on metal and the other was a last cast hook up on the teaser. Back at it tomorrow.

CB024CAD-E401-4375-9B72-A220C75A5350.jpeg

Thanks Dennis. Had a fun morning today. Got to fish with a couple of SOL's top guys. Got fooled by a small rat early on a paddle tail. When that happened I kept on working soft plastic in close until I realized they were out past the bar. Made an adjustment and then got a few and lost a few. One of them was pulling some drag before it came loose. Thanks Mike for the birthday and Christmas present. Had an awesome time. 

Edited by adams54

1 hour ago, gobigblue said:

Whats up with all the sirens on sh today.  Its def not 1st responders racing to catch fish.  Water is mostly cleared up and fishable if you can stand the rain.  Id much rather it stay snow so in outta here.  Small fish on small teasers.  

Santa getting a ride. 

OC this am from 630 till 12. Clean water, waves breaking forcefully almost got knocked over. Not many people around. The beach took a beating since my last outing on Tuesday, favorite cuts are gone. SW light wind early, then SE. Nice sleet pellets for a period, then rainy here and there. Caught 1 24 inche in close on a Sluggo - at 7, then nothing till I called last cast at around noon when I got the smallest bass caught to date 12 inches on a 2oz Crippled Herring. Of course this let to a few more casts. Threw paddle tails, Avas, and Tsunami sand eels at some point during the morning with nothing. Should have started with the CH..... Did not see fish breaking. Glad I went. End of 2020 for me. Thanks for all the info posted here.

OC, started in the back around 5am. Nada. Switched out front for incoming, Bounced around and on the fourth spot I found cleaner water and a rat on the lip. With the cold rain, the desire for wings and the Eagles game I didn’t have it in me to see if the bite turned with the out especially if the fish were gonna be of the size I caught.

I only saw two bent rods the whole time luckily one was mine. One guy I talked too said he saw multiple seals so  maybe that explains the lack of fish because the some bait was still around and the water looked plenty fishable. 

I was amped up after the RU b-ball game and had to get out. Furthermore my warranty waders came in! I had to break them in. SoMoCo 1 hr, dusk, water still clean but a little cloudy. End of outgoing, wind still very light. Grabbed 3, 2 on the RU red and black teaser and 1 on a small sand eel plug I found in one of my bins. Go RU!

FB015B0D-1D77-4C5C-89A9-E82E78E416F1.jpeg

FED390AC-B908-49DA-8DC3-333D6015183B.jpeg

11 hours ago, beerspitnight said:

Colie Brice jumped off the pier back in your day...

Buddy , not going to challenge what you believe happened........but I am going to say it never happened. One, I never heard of Colie Brice. Second I grew up two blocks from the ocean in Seaside, had one of the first surf boards ever in the Seaside area and was instrumental in starting the first ever surf club. I also set up the first ever showing of "The Endless Summer" at the American Legion in Seaside Heights........I never saw or heard of anyone ever jumping off the pier in Seaside........and it would of been crazy/stupid if they did.....and I guarantee a one time feat if ever did happen.

Please tell me when and where this happen and who was there to see it..........thanks.

39 mins ago, DeeMonee said:

I was amped up after the RU b-ball game and had to get out. Furthermore my warranty waders came in! I had to break them in. SoMoCo 1 hr, dusk, water still clean but a little cloudy. End of outgoing, wind still very light. Grabbed 3, 2 on the RU red and black teaser and 1 on a small sand eel plug I found in one of my bins. Go RU!

FB015B0D-1D77-4C5C-89A9-E82E78E416F1.jpeg

FED390AC-B908-49DA-8DC3-333D6015183B.jpeg

RU fish don't count! 

7 mins ago, nam1969 said:

RU fish don't count! 

Yes they do........great game and  6/0 now and moving up.........great team efforts and no selfish players........go RU