Fishing reports for December 2020

Rate this topic

Sudsy

39 mins ago, 40shades-of-blue said:

Much like the others have said.  Water cleaned up some but still a bit brown and flat.  Fished OC from 6:30-930.  Got one small bass on a teaser and that was it.  Saw some other guys catch a few.  The birds were having a blast off shore. 

I forgot to add mine was on the teaser, also (olive/white).  Lure was a 1oz diamond jig with yellow tube and red tip.

OC out front 6-10am. Water cleaned up and just a bit stained where I was. Started at false dawn, around sunrise there was much bird activity close to shore. Didn’t hook up to any on Needle, SP or BT while birds were around. Actually snagged a couple of skates. Switched to AVA and teaser after birds went away, around 8am got my first keeper (29”), then landed 3 more, one measured 26, others were dinks. Lost two in retrieve and plenty more bumps. Also snagged another skate that was monstrous must have weighed 20lbs or so. Saw another fish being kept and plenty shorts landed.

56 mins ago, BD44 said:

OC out front 6-10am. Water cleaned up and just a bit stained where I was. Started at false dawn, around sunrise there was much bird activity close to shore. Didn’t hook up to any on Needle, SP or BT while birds were around. Actually snagged a couple of skates. Switched to AVA and teaser after birds went away, around 8am got my first keeper (29”), then landed 3 more, one measured 26, others were dinks. Lost two in retrieve and plenty more bumps. Also snagged another skate that was monstrous must have weighed 20lbs or so. Saw another fish being kept and plenty shorts landed.

Did you call your buddy over for help with the skate? I think I was fishing next to you. I kept a bonus fish today 27”

Edited by BobBass

Hit the sand for the first time in a couple of months. Went to a spot in OC that has treated me well in the past. Got there 5:45am. West wind, surf pretty flat with some low swells coming in, water stained but not bad. Lots of birds accumulating on the beach. Beautiful morning. As the sun came up the birds headed about half mile offshore and started working some bait that had fish on them. I picked up a 20” football around 7:30 on the teaser. Around 8:30 got a 26” on an ava orange tube. Both fish on a slow creep on the bottom. The only problem with that technique was I ended up snagging two skate. One was huge and I wasted 20 minutes trying to get it un suction cupped from the bottom because I didn’t want to lose my rig. The birds and bait gradually worked their way closer as the tide went out but never quite got within casting range. Finally ran out of patience around 10:30, all in all a good day in my book. Also picked up a sundial. Tight lines boys.

OC from 6a til noonish, water conditions same as others have reported. 

Where dafaq did the fish go??? :huh:

Covered miles of beach, saw a fair amount of fisher guys and only one shad hit the sand other then the one I pulled in. :why: I did run into a small pod of bunker that pushed into casting range for about 20min, managed to snag three (jumbos) but nothing on them either.

Tomorrow is another day!

"Only through movement will you achieve victory"