Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2020

Rate this topic

1,076 posts in this topic

Fished OC from 6 to 9, water was stained, plenty of rods casting with ava’s & imitation sand eels flying all over and mostly in the right direction, also saw plenty of fish caught. Kind of a crazy morning... some caught 10 fish and maybe more and some zero, all within 100 yards. Only saw one big fish and it was 32 inches nice and fat. Well for the middle of December it’s was a nice day and hopefully we get to see more fish along the beach !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

MoCo predawn, 3 hrs, beginning of outgoing, light SW wind, water clean but after sunrise it looked a little stained. Pretty good S to N sweep. Met @plt391 who was with @MC55. Nice to fish next to these local legends for a short while. Also got another early XMas gift. Thanks again Mike. Threw metal early because of the sweep. As the morning wore on the current dropped a little bit and then more folks started catching. One angler in particular caught 6 or 7 while I was there. He was using really small lures. Almost like he was throwing double teasers or tubes. Switch to the MC55 special and got a huge shad on the first cast. Then switched over to a 3in bass assassin and connected with a 24”. Hit again a few minutes later but dropped after several pump and cranks. So worked hard for a 1 bass and a shad. Will prolly stay local tomorrow.

 

Hmmmm,  you were stalking MC55 since losing your last swimmer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like OC has been crazy! 

 

Anyone got some pics to share of the crowds?? (W/o spot burning obviously) Hard to believe so many guys continually fishing down there, especially since I haven’t left my local spot here in moco, mainly due to only havin an hour each morning to fish- not much time to travel  - and it’s been pretty much a ghost town , a few guys here, a few guys there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, Mr.Belmar said:

Sounds like OC has been crazy! 

 

Anyone got some pics to share of the crowds?? (W/o spot burning obviously) Hard to believe so many guys continually fishing down there, especially since I haven’t left my local spot here in moco, mainly due to only havin an hour each morning to fish- not much time to travel  - and it’s been pretty much a ghost town , a few guys here, a few guys there 

 

Pics dont really do it justice and i was probably in a less crowded part of the beach.

 

 

20201213_070319.jpg.9d87e35316fa36f4cf1ac9eb0eeece06.jpg

20201213_070327.jpg

Edited by codyk35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 mins ago, codyk35 said:

 

Pics dont really do it justice and i was probably in a less crowded part of the beach.

 

 

20201213_070319.jpg.9d87e35316fa36f4cf1ac9eb0eeece06.jpg

20201213_070327.jpg


Man I would rather head butt a brick wall for 45 minutes then fish with that many people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 mins ago, codyk35 said:

 

Pics dont really do it justice and i was probably in a less crowded part of the beach.

 

 

20201213_070319.jpg.9d87e35316fa36f4cf1ac9eb0eeece06.jpg

20201213_070327.jpg

This is exactly why I dont fish on the weekends anymore.  One benefit of being retired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 mins ago, bbfish said:


Man I would rather head butt a brick wall for 45 minutes then fish with that many people.

Can I watch you head butt a brick wall after I'm done fishing with that many people?

Edited by jpiercy13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.