Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2020

Rate this topic

1,076 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, JimK said:

They are in pretty good and more spread out than Turkey Day. Absent a real cold snap I think January fish are a very good probability this year .

I believe so too, they haven't been showing many signs of moving away and the numbers are still here

Fingers on my right hand were on fire all morning. Nice bunch of fish that moved in. And HANGRY! Had the beach to myself until a googanesque showed around 8am. 10 casts and he was out of there. Back at it in the morning. Stay safe

Was nice to fish in the snow earlier this afternoon-wind was light, not too cold all by myself except of course for the fish

lots a little fish around, last two days were better with the sandeels a d herring clouds of birds and handful of whales,  today was very quiet although some fish still around 

6 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

I did. Lost it on a break off a couple weeks ago during a boneheaded move trying to unhook my teaser from a fish.

You have hope.  I witnessed a vision get outfished by tsunami sand eel today.  

i played spectator and had casting practice today as i watched people catch.  

NoMoCo 2-4, walked on just as the flurries were ending. Covered a new stretch. Found some smaller ones again, they were biting for the first hour or so, then it turned off.

63582006-E129-4E37-8D81-08B86538B122.jpeg.981c87358b4b5ef5d18a4b261b05364c.jpeg

SoMoco 1-5 water little stained. Had a nice hook up pulled a little drag got it close to the beach then came off. From the little I saw of it look like it could have been a red fish was a bronze rusty color. Got that on a tsunami Ava look alike green tail. Beside that no bumps 

Got a later start today but had a steady pic of fish from 9am thru about 3pm with fish from 16'' to just about 29''.  The jersey tarpon are still around with some big boys in the mix.  Crazy this afternoon with the snow squalls.  Next trip will be early next week, it sure is fun this time of the year 

2 hours ago, Goldy said:

You have hope.  I witnessed a vision get outfished by tsunami sand eel today.  

i played spectator and had casting practice today as i watched people catch.  

Interesting...thank you sir!

SoMoCo after work 1 hr into dusk. Water stained, outgoing, light NW, decent amount suds, had a skunk saving dink on the teaser. The End. Hopefully I’ll get up for the predawn bite.

1 hour ago, Duck said:

NoMoCo 2-4, walked on just as the flurries were ending. Covered a new stretch. Found some smaller ones again, they were biting for the first hour or so, then it turned off.

63582006-E129-4E37-8D81-08B86538B122.jpeg.981c87358b4b5ef5d18a4b261b05364c.jpeg

Nice dark colors.. Local resident.. Not a benny..lol.

The one I got Friday had some broken ones, I read that awhile back someone on here mentioning that. Seems viable although I’m sure there’s no solid rule on it.

1 hour ago, jeffapeikin said:

The one I got Friday had some broken ones, I read that awhile back someone on here mentioning that. Seems viable although I’m sure there’s no solid rule on it.

This sent me down a rabbit hole. So I’ve read everything that broken stripes indicate that they’re from the Delaware River, that they’re from Canada, that they’re hatchery-reared striped bass from the Hudson and Chesapeake, that it’s a genetic strain, that they’re a hybrid. Take your pick lol 

The one thing I did see is that the broken lines have also been found in California stripers which makes me think it has to be something genetic or a hybrid.