Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2020

Rate this topic

1,076 posts in this topic

Only had time to fish after work. Stayed close to home. 1 1/2 hr, outgoing tide, light NW, water much cleaner. Guys were slowly picking when I got there. Walked a little north and 2 guys were consistently landing them. When I looked over they both had Vision eels. My heart sank. I knew I didn’t have a chance. 2 bumps. Skunk. 

6 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

Only had time to fish after work. Stayed close to home. 1 1/2 hr, outgoing tide, light NW, water much cleaner. Guys were slowly picking when I got there. Walked a little north and 2 guys were consistently landing them. When I looked over they both had Vision eels. My heart sank. I knew I didn’t have a chance. 2 bumps. Skunk. 

Dont tou have the magic mc55.  I thought mike based it off that

Out front OC Tue Am from 7-1, caught 5 fish, 3 dinks on Ava with teaser and 2 bigger fish 26-27 on large Fishaholic bunker paddle tail on a 1oz kale's jig head. All fish caught from 730-9, the early part of the incoming. 

Edited by CD77
wrote wrong day

I was out using the OG MC55 yesterday, aka Vision Sand eel and it still works.  1-4 pm was quite active about 500 yards out.  The most bird activity I saw all year and for a couple of hours with whales also.  Loons almost on the sand inhaling sand eels. The fish waited until the sun dropped behind the horizon literally to the second before they got active for us on the sand.  Not a lot caught but boy were they fat.

Took the dog for a walk in NoMoCo around 8:30 this morning. No boots in sight. Wind to your back, water looked good. Giving it a go this afternoon.

B3F3E3DE-9497-4CE5-A8CE-A6B8D2B1BD26.jpeg

MOCO

was on the run this morning so only conditions..

clear water

no wave action or white water

west wind was consistent but light

no birds, bait, or busts observed

the sunrise was amazing and i missed the best bits as i was walking up... sky went blood crimson for 90 seconds just before i made it to the sand...

still was worth every second

stay safe, dress warm

PXL_20201209_120242859.MP.jpg

4 hours ago, Goldy said:

Dont tou have the magic mc55.  I thought mike based it off that

I did. Lost it on a break off a couple weeks ago during a boneheaded move trying to unhook my teaser from a fish.

Fished several locations this morning. Shortly after sunrise there was bird activity right on the beach. Quite a few guys out. I hooked one, but lost him shortly after. Despite the bird activity and the number of guys, only saw two shorts landed. Dead in the other three areas I fished after that. As Uncle Mike stated, there was a gorgeous sunrise that blazed for only a minute of so. Got a great photo of it. 

There was some wave action, depending on the beach. Not a lot of drift. Incoming tide. Won't be able to get back out till tomorrow. Getting close to calling it a season.

Went out front in MonCo last night (430-630), light NW winds, water was pretty clean. Surf was flat, not really any foamy water. I saw one little bait fish the entire time. It was a skunk fest... not even a bump... my aunt has been getting into crocheting pretty heavy, might just do that for the remainder of December.

Time to brush the dust off my tip-ups and get ready for ice fishing

Got out early this morning and the bass were still there. Was really good for an hour or so. Then a nice pick. Same size rats. 
Tsunami sand eel and then Ava 17 green. Same teaser rig. 
as the tide came in and he water got murky and a swell started. The fish were bustin at the lip and then like a light switch-swoosh they were gone. And so was I.

Keep your rod tip to the sand and reel slow. :idea:

Eeeeels.......

Fished last evening  230pm -dark.  OC. Slow pick. 4 shorts, 3 on vision sand eel and 1 on deadly dick.  First time fishing in 14 days....recovering from Covid.  Felt good to be on the beach.

Got out early Moco. Beautiful sunrise. Found one fish in the low 20" range. Then nada. Decided to stick around for the tide change which was good because thats when i found the fish. A little variety of rats, and footballs with spunk from low 20" to some nicer ones just under 28. Stopped counting once I hit a dozen. Some in close but most at the end of the cast that I was able to bomb out there with a small metal jig. No one around. Glad I stayed local.

2 mins ago, MC55 said:

They were hungry early for a change.  When I hit the sand the birds were moving around picking here and there but didn't see any fish breaking.  After a couple of cast it started.  Not crazy, but steady action up until about 8:30 when it all stopped.  Finished up with 20, most going for the white swimmer and a few on the teaser as a couple of double headers.  Biggest was just about 27 inches.  Tried the smaller profile that had been working but they were more interest in something a bit bigger.  Need to pour some more swimmers and get some more hand warmers with these cold morning temps.

DSCF3354.JPG

DSCF3355.JPG

DSCF3357.JPG

Beautiful work, hopefully these bass stick around until January hopefully

9 mins ago, ACFishing said:

Beautiful work, hopefully these bass stick around until January hopefully

They are in pretty good and more spread out than Turkey Day. Absent a real cold snap I think January fish are a very good probability this year .