Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2020

Rate this topic

1,076 posts in this topic

Happy Holidays everyone

Hopefully December is the new November and we'll see a push of fish along the beach

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Hit three separate MOCO spots over the course of three days with my kid over the Thanksgiving weekend with only one schoolie on an ava to show for it. Not a great way to end the season with my kid. I mean we were fishing around around dead low in the middle of the day but I was hoping to pick up maybe a schoolie and a couple shad  each time. Got to work on my low tide game I’ve been doing much better closer to high. From now on I’ll be going solo as it’s just getting too cold for him.

Edited by Sevendust111

@Sudsy.. Maybe you could move your last post from November into this months thread.. All the people that have joined recently, and perhaps were not even alive then, should see that!

Did a walk about just now around low as I do after each storm Beach by me pounded flat and filled in as you expect after a big SE blow, blustery SW wind knocking things down water is dirty and a bit weedy. Might fish in a bit with zero expectations 

Went out front this morning in OC.  Water was dirty and mean.  There were some others out.  Nothing for me.  Had to go out because looks like weekend may not happen.  

2 hours ago, JimK said:

@Sudsy.. Maybe you could move your last post from November into this months thread.. All the people that have joined recently, and perhaps were not even alive then, should see that!

7 mins ago, Sudsy said:

I enjoy SOL for threads like this. And that weigh-ins from Steven’s thread. I was lucky enough to grow up around one of the “old timers” (hehe). The stories I hear about 25+ years ago. Before the major influx of instant gratification. 

Went out yesterday afternoon at low. Couldn’t resist since work had me for first light. Didn’t see another person for the 3 hours I was out. Hit a spot I’ve been fishing for the past week. Fish on pretty much every cast. Mid 20” to low slots, all right at the lip. Didn’t have to hide a bent rod with no one around. 

Edited by Local24 SSP

1 hour ago, suntzu said:

Did a walk about just now around low as I do after each storm Beach by me pounded flat and filled in as you expect after a big SE blow, blustery SW wind knocking things down water is dirty and a bit weedy. Might fish in a bit with zero expectations 

Did you find what I lost the other day by your house?

Did a quick trip to the beach, 4 to 4:30 pm. Water by me is dirty, a lot more so than this morning. Waves have cut back quite a bit, but there are still some big sets. Sweep is south to north. Threw a chartreuse shad, which I've had luck with in this type conditions. Not a tap. Beach has really flattened out, with the ramp effect. A lot of sand was redistributed. Hope to get out in the morning. 

18 mins ago, beerspitnight said:

Looks like the south on this wind will last through tomorrow...worth waking up for a pre-dawn session?

At my age, if I wake up, anything is worth doing! Yeah, get your butt out there. You can't catch fish sitting on your sofa, wondering if you should be out there. Enjoy. Tight lines.