spencer_y

What are the best online tackleshops

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

Covid issues aside.

I think tons of shops are spectacular.

From The Hookup Tackle to JandH.

Get Bit to Mudhole.

I hear nothing but good things about Susquehana, and Jigging world.

I like searching around, as some have different inventories and specific color offereings.. (mainly freshwater)

I don't think it's like years ago where shops were growing into the internet aspect of their business.

From what I've seen and experienced though.  Nobody ships as quickly as Fishermen's Source.....Nobody.

Braden and their tightly knit skeleton crew somehow manage to pack and ship 300-600 packages a day.

They were built upon maintaining amazon prime status.  Which requires blisteringly fast pack and ship times.

I like to buy as local as possible, but some shops don't have good websites, so I often settle for buying from a shop that is in state. Tomo's Tackle has a good website and they ship fast and free over a certain amount. 

Once they sent me the wrong sized reel, let them know via a phone call. The owner came by my house a few hours later to get me the correct reel. Nice folks. 

1 hour ago, johnysmoke said:

I like to buy as local as possible, but some shops don't have good websites, so I often settle for buying from a shop that is in state. Tomo's Tackle has a good website and they ship fast and free over a certain amount. 

Once they sent me the wrong sized reel, let them know via a phone call. The owner came by my house a few hours later to get me the correct reel. Nice folks. 

I agree Tomos is great to deal with. They don’t exclude rods from free shipping either which is great. 

I also give thumbs up to Fishermen’s Source and Jigging World for rocket fast shipping and great inventories. 

Edited by ThirstyOwl III

I try to shop local (Cow harbor, saltwaters, j&h) but I'm Very impressed with Saltwater Edge. They usually have hard to find stuff i need or want, and their shipping is lightning fast. 

5 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

I try to shop local (Cow harbor, saltwaters, j&h) but I'm Very impressed with Saltwater Edge. They usually have hard to find stuff i need or want, and their shipping is lightning fast. 

I have a summer house up in Newport RI near Saltwater edge, they do have a great selection.

Canal B&T...free shipping at $20 or more. Solid clearance pages especially for albie lures. Epoxies, tins...etc. usually 50% or more less than others. 

Saltwater edge and the surf caster...between these two you should be able to find what you need but more importantly.....They support the sport and culture and are conservation minded people who are more than willing to help and teach anyone. Peter from saltwater edge and his involvement in the saltwater guides association is a blessing for recreational fisherman! 

Edited by Domjolly