Joer115

Tackle Bags

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Looking to get a new bag that is something I can keep on me while Surf Fishing.  Currently the one I have is big and bulky so it's difficult to keep around my shoulder.  I have to leave it behind me on the beach, but that becomes difficult as at times I keep moving casting.  Looking for something where I can grab, and drop lures (SP, Metal, Poppers) easily without them all getting mixed together.  Thanks for any suggestions?  

Thanks, 

Joe

5 hours ago, codyk35 said:

F.J. NEIL SURF RITE SERIES SURF BAGS. fishermans HQ has the 3 tube for 23.99. you can fit a surprising amount of plugs in there.

I have the large version of this bag. It’s great but the strap is criminally short. If your over 5’10” forget it. Not sure about the smaller bag tho.

Just downsized to an ODM 2 tube bag. It holds a lot of crap if you're good at packing. Works great on a belt.

A little pricey, but built good. If you want a bag where nothing gets tangled, get a suitcase with lots of tubes.

I have to rearrange my plugs after every trip.

Edited by fdhog

No more shoulder bags for me.....just too bulky.....I resigned myself to a good belt and 2 belt bags and my shoulders are free to cast and fight fish while the weight is distributed at the hips.....I found it much better for me and easy access to my stuff.......omo.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

6 hours ago, fdhog said:

Just downsized to an ODM 2 tube bag. It holds a lot of crap if you're good at packing. Works great on a belt.

A little pricey, but built good. If you want a bag where nothing gets tangled, get a suitcase with lots of tubes.

I have to rearrange my plugs after every trip.

This is my fave. 

To keep smaller / narrow baits from tangling (e.g. SP,s Needles, Mag Darters), I got some large tube dividers a while back. They had them at Grumpy's. A guy here makes them I think he prints them on 3D printer.

They're pretty handy. Sucks trying to untangle trebles in the dark w/ cold stiff fingers.

JD

8 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

No more shoulder bags for me.....just too bulky.....I resigned myself to a good belt and 2 belt bags and my shoulders are free to cast and fight fish while the weight is distributed at the hips.....I found it much better for me and easy access to my stuff.......omo.

Might be going this route myself. Getting older. Things don’t feel and work like they used to...

I've been using a belt bag since 2008, I ditched the shoulder strap many many moons ago. Yes you have less plugs but if you know what works where your fishing then you'll be ok.

+1 on the FJ Neil Surf Rite bag. I use the small and have 2 of them. When I want to go light, I bring one. Otherwise both. I attach them on my belt to keep my arms free and shoulders unencumbered. 

I used to pack a shoulder bag full and couldn’t stand the feeling of it digging in. 

On 11/30/2020 at 8:33 PM, Sevendust111 said:

I have the large version of this bag. It’s great but the strap is criminally short. If your over 5’10” forget it. Not sure about the smaller bag tho.

I have the same bag and also found the strap way too short. Swapped it out for the Rockhopper strap which has a curved shape to it and extends to a long length. Makes it very comfortable, highly recommend it.

17 hours ago, Mojoe said:

I have the same bag and also found the strap way too short. Swapped it out for the Rockhopper strap which has a curved shape to it and extends to a long length. Makes it very comfortable, highly recommend it.

Haha, that strap is like half the price of the bag tho.

22 mins ago, Sevendust111 said:

Haha, that strap is like half the price of the bag tho.

That’s true but the strap will outlast the bag so you just put it on the next bag.