Bass Ackwards

Married Men, Some Food for thought

Rate this topic

84 posts in this topic

Survey for you married men, have you ever made a list of things for your wife to do around the house? How did that go?

Before my divorce I was married for almost 35 years, if I ever gave my wife a list of things to do I would have gotten it shoved down my throat, yet is was perfectly fine to have things for me to do. How about you, do you give your wives "honey do" lists?

I don't need to give her a list....she constantly reminds me that there is a lot on her "to do" list, to which I usually reply..."Am I on there"...??

13 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Survey for you married men, have you ever made a list of things for your wife to do around the house? How did that go?

Before my divorce I was married for almost 35 years, if I ever gave my wife a list of things to do I would have gotten it shoved down my throat, yet is was perfectly fine to have things for me to do. How about you, do you give your wives "honey do" lists?

That's not a wife that's a xxnt

13 mins ago, Otter said:

This feels like a setup 

NOPE. You always hear about the "honey do" lists from the wife but I've never heard a "honey do" list from the husband. It just seems to be a one sided thing.

We both use lists and I have added things to her lists. If there is something I need her to do and she did not offer, I just ask, not normally a problem. She has said no as I have said no... 36+ years for us, I know what I can ask of her by now and she knows what she can ask of me... Something we got mostly straight before we got married...

Why do women wear white on their wedding day? 

So they match the stove and dishwasher.

My wife is a full time homeschool mom, that is so-so at housework and a decent cook that just remembered how the stove works. Since she started cooking again I'm not pushing anymore work on her.

42 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

NOPE. You always hear about the "honey do" lists from the wife but I've never heard a "honey do" list from the husband. It just seems to be a one sided thing.

You new to this.   :D

5 mins ago, mwhitt80 said:

Why do women wear white on their wedding day? 

So they match the stove and dishwasher.

Huh, I've yet to see a stainless steel wedding dress, but I've not been to a wedding in a while.  No lists for my wife of 25 years, she's a f**king saint and workhorse.  Typical household conversation goes like this: 

Me: you put the "whatever" in the wrong place, so it can't be found when you look for it.

Her: At least I put it away.

Rinse and repeat.