TheReelLuke

saltiga 6500 question

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

bought this reel used, and noticed the bail was slightly angled down, but not enough for concern or issue just something I was picky about. used it a few times, no issue. Used it tonight throwing swimbaits and hooked a big shark at heavy drag, after a short fight that resulted in me getting bit off,  I noticed the angle of the bail was significantly deeper.anyone know what would cause this?

Did you recently buy that on eBay?  I bought one, was def not in condition purported and I returned it.  Guy turned around and listed it again.  Tons of hidden corrosion.

19 mins ago, Sailah said:

Did you recently buy that on eBay?  I bought one, was def not in condition purported and I returned it.  Guy turned around and listed it again.  Tons of hidden corrosion.

Facebook marketplace, price was pretty good so I’m looking to hold onto it but may be the same one. The handle is an odd sunbleached blue but the spool is a much darker shade

2 hours ago, Sailah said:

Was it from MA?  Don't think it was same because this guy sold it on eBay right after I returned it.

weird story, but the guy I bought it from in Florida also had it listed on eBay through an account located in Pennsylvania. same reel, same exact photos. you can find it if you look through the sold/completed items, it only got like 300$ in bids lol

11 mins ago, BridgeTender said:

Idk what's wrong with it but , I saw a guy post a BG on fb with the same issue.

ive seen a few reels online with it, but I always figured someone had dropped the reel or done something to damage the bail. 

1 hour ago, TheReelLuke said:

weird story, but the guy I bought it from in Florida also had it listed on eBay through an account located in Pennsylvania. same reel, same exact photos. you can find it if you look through the sold/completed items, it only got like 300$ in bids lol

LOL I bought that reel, won the auction for $305 and then he "no longer had the inventory" and canceled the listing.  I assume it was because you offered him more money.

Anyways I hope you get it sorted, looks like a fairly simple fix.

2 hours ago, Sailah said:

LOL I bought that reel, won the auction for $305 and then he "no longer had the inventory" and canceled the listing.  I assume it was because you offered him more money.

Anyways I hope you get it sorted, looks like a fairly simple fix.

Hahahaha I saw the message you left him. I felt bad because I bought the reel like 2 days before the listing ended and he didn’t cancel it which seemed odd

The bail on your reel is definitely wonky but I wouldn't worry about it, I have an old 5000Z with a bail that looks like yours and it hasn't been an issue. Here is a picture of a brand new 6500. (sure you don't want to buy it Sailah? :D

saltiga 6500.jpg

As for the cause, I always wondered if there is a bail stop that gets worn. I also wonder if the bail gets fatigued from being snapped over. I don't flip my bail over and let it snap shut but the 5000Z was purchased used and the previous owner may have.

5 hours ago, DAQ said:

As for the cause, I always wondered if there is a bail stop that gets worn. I also wonder if the bail gets fatigued from being snapped over. I don't flip my bail over and let it snap shut but the 5000Z was purchased used and the previous owner may have.

that was my thought too, im thinking I may apply a small dab of jb weld to the stop point to build it up and hope that fixes it. 

Your bail arm looks like it's pointing down some also bail looks slightly bent down some. There is a stop on the bail arm.

Your reel

76B8E27B-7D77-43BE-B4C3-D771FEEB8CEB.jpeg

The other reel that was posted by DAQ

saltiga 6500.jpg