Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oax

Gun Registration and Buy Back Coming Soon?

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

Little doubt the left wants to disarm citizens; Joe Biden has said he will require registration and hefty fees for presently owned “weapons of war”, semi-auto handguns and mags with > 10 capacity.  Owners would also have the option to sell their firearms to the government in "buyback” programs like those implemented in Australia, New Zealand and Britain.

Governor Cuomo’s recent attempt at the registration of “assault weapons” was an embarrassing failure in NY, CT also tried it and failed.  I believe we Americans can see the handwriting on the wall and are not so quick to comply and give up our freedoms and rights as they did in other countries.  Do you think it will come down to a mandatory national registration and essentially a tax to own your firearms?  Do you think the majority of gun owners will comply?  

Yes it’s political but I felt this should be discussed with rational people who own firearms and not something to post in the PG where it would just get derailed; I cleared this with a mod before posting it.  

That pesky Constitution is going to get in the way again.

Not that they won't try but, they will get beaten down like a rented mule.

Edited by Gotcow?

That will be the time we decide how we want to live the rest of our lives , I will not be disarmed 

Edited by jolly mon

1 hour ago, gray gables said:

It’ll never happen folks. NRA is way to powerful to let this happen. All guns bought legally are already registered also. 

It's going to happen and it has been happening for many years. It's not going to happen over night, it's going to happen one small step after another. Those first few steps have been taken and we aren't going to get them back. Cold dead fingers.

1 hour ago, Gotcow? said:

That pesky Constitution is going to get in the way again.

Not that they won't try but, they will get beaten down like a rented mule.

Well.  If the commies stack the court like they want to them they can get around that pesky constitution.  
It’s all in Joe’s plan.  Anyone that is pro 2A and voted for him is an idiot.  

4 mins ago, afterhours said:

We have some here, can their hate for Trump overcome their love of their rights?

Absolutely not.  They keep denying that Joe wants to infringe on 2A rights.  Even though it’s right there in his gun control plan. 

33 mins ago, D_L said:

I don’t think they will get compliance. California had registration with an estimated 3% to 5 % compliance.  

That's good to hear D_L.  Still lived in NY when Cuomo tried it and nobody I knew complied; it actually made him look like a fool for attempting it.  Don't think government officials expect or are prepared for civil disobedience and people who don't obey their every order.

2 hours ago, ridenfish said:

Well.  If the commies stack the court like they want to them they can get around that pesky constitution.  
It’s all in Joe’s plan.  Anyone that is pro 2A and voted for him is an idiot.  

It's the equivalent of a jew voting for Hitler.

3 hours ago, gray gables said:

All guns bought legally are already registered also. 

Not in free states.

Person to person sales are legal here.

No paperwork involved.