Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goldy

Flexibody help

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I am new to tying.  I started messing with flexibody this weekend but my problem is when i cut it the side by the bottom frays out and looks like crap

 

what am i doing wrong?  

7C8BC33A-0965-4766-9CFD-BF1DD438AE6C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Goldy said:

I am new to tying.  I started messing with flexibody this weekend but my problem is when i cut it the side by the bottom frays out and looks like crap

 

what am i doing wrong?  

7C8BC33A-0965-4766-9CFD-BF1DD438AE6C.jpeg

Are you taking about this

6ECBF3B4-41CE-4323-94F3-6BA956938F3A.png.81bea39770539ed6802763e0b186ed70.png

 

If so.....don’t put it down as far on the hook shank into the bend. Cut it shorter and wrap it. I like to use thin mono when I use it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 mins ago, eelbasher said:

DC3E91C2-F8D5-4685-A67D-E62D964A71B9.jpeg.d6e2afd88c6285d922289eee56e2de07.jpeg

this is flat waxed 210 and it covers in pretty good. The thin mono is even better IMO but the fish aren’t to picky

That teaser looks really good,  Do you burn the end as well?  I will put it up higher on the hook shank.  How many wraps do you do from the front to the back over the e-zwrap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 mins ago, Goldy said:

That teaser looks really good,  Do you burn the end as well?  I will put it up higher on the hook shank.  How many wraps do you do from the front to the back over the e-zwrap

No, no burning needed. I’ll wrap 2-3 times around the back and then wide spiral wraps to the back of the hook eye. Build up a small head, whip finish and then either epoxy or uv resin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 mins ago, eelbasher said:

No, no burning needed. I’ll wrap 2-3 times around the back and then wide spiral wraps to the back of the hook eye. Build up a small head, whip finish and then either epoxy or uv resin

Looks great.  Is that ezbody or flexibody.  Im having trouble finding ezbody near me.  
 

i also tried to tie this but it didnt come out that great. 
 

4EAB10CE-3438-4AB1-AC72-61E7F9149110.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, Goldy said:

Looks great.  Is that ezbody or flexibody.  Im having trouble finding ezbody near me.  
 

i also tried to tie this but it didnt come out that great. 
 

4EAB10CE-3438-4AB1-AC72-61E7F9149110.jpeg

Now that you say it, I think it’s ezbody. I think they are close to the same but I could be wrong. That tie looks great! That should crush em for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, eelbasher said:

Now that you say it, I think it’s ezbody. I think they are close to the same but I could be wrong. That tie looks great! That should crush em for sure

I think it needs a lot of work.  The e-zbody has a stripe on the side more resembling sand eel.  I should do it with more hackles like you.  

 

I still am super jealous of your sand eel one above. Looks amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the tubing y’all are using has two threads woven into it? If so I suggest pulling them out using tweezers. Removing them will make your tying much easier. 
Personally I think Corsair is perfect. Much easier to manipulate.
Blane Chocklette sells some that is identical but has a different name. 

Edited by Linesidesonthefly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 mins ago, Linesidesonthefly said:

Is the tubing y’all are using has two threads woven into it? If so I suggest pulling them out using tweezers. Removing them will make your tying much easier. 
Personally I think Corsair is perfect. Much easier to manipulate.
Blane Chocklette sells some that is identical but has a different name. 

You lost me on this.  I'm new to tying flys so that's probably why.  I don't understand the above post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, Goldy said:

You lost me on this.  I'm new to tying flys so that's probably why.  I don't understand the above post

It’s quite alright. If you use braided tubing on the fly take a close look at it. Most actually have a line of thread woven into the tubing. That very thread makes using the tubing a pain in the ass and you’ll want to remove it. 
Corsair and or Chocklettes Body Tubing are both woven without that thread. Making each of the products much easier to use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 mins ago, Linesidesonthefly said:

It’s quite alright. If you use braided tubing on the fly take a close look at it. Most actually have a line of thread woven into the tubing. That very thread makes using the tubing a pain in the ass and you’ll want to remove it. 
Corsair and or Chocklettes Body Tubing are both woven without that thread. Making each of the products much easier to use. 

Here is what im using

 

I dont see thread in it.  
 

here is one i did last night.  
 

i made the body to fat but im having fun.  

13AF2872-2446-4A09-94EE-12A505660298.jpeg

4AFF5ECC-9F86-438D-A0BC-78C4C64B12FE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.