mkus

Lower CT river is absolutely loaded With bunker!

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I took a walk down between the Baldwin bridge and the DEP dock Saturday the 28  and it looked like hundreds of thousands of bunker literally finning and some dead along the shoreline!!

I mean they were as far as I could see downriver towards the mouth and up the lieutenant river.

Hopefully a good sign for bait but I wonder about the bass stocks and blues 

this fall was one of the worst I’ve seen for fishing here in Ct in my 40+ years here...

Edited by mkus

58 mins ago, mkus said:

I took a walk down between the Baldwin bridge and the DEP dock Saturday the 28  and it looked like hundreds of thousands of bunker literally finning and some dead along the shoreline!!

I mean they were as far as I could see downriver towards the mouth and up the lieutenant river.

this fall was one of the worst I’ve seen for fishing here in Ct in my 40+ years here...

Mark, the bunker is like that all the way to guilford. clinton wall to duck is solid 

I've seen the same as in the above video at local spots for a month now. They sure are thick but with nothing on them- happy bunker, for now anyway.

I disagree about the fall run in CT, we killed it since September around here. Caught two slot fish this weekend still, and so many schoolies that my shoulder and elbow will be sore until Christmas. Last two nights were good for very short periods of time, but I was happy to bend the rod and lose sleep in a "productive" way (rather than just wishing I was fishing), although the wife wasn't happy when I strolled in at 5:30 when I left at 10 :wag:

30 mins ago, Sir Defyable said:

I've seen the same as in the above video at local spots for a month now. They sure are thick but with nothing on them- happy bunker, for now anyway.

I disagree about the fall run in CT, we killed it since September around here. Caught two slot fish this weekend still, and so many schoolies that my shoulder and elbow will be sore until Christmas. Last two nights were good for very short periods of time, but I was happy to bend the rod and lose sleep in a "productive" way (rather than just wishing I was fishing), although the wife wasn't happy when I strolled in at 5:30 when I left at 10 :wag:

I agree with the run not being bad. While the schoolies are around I did have some decent sized bass on live eels. :howdy:

52 mins ago, Sir Defyable said:

Where are the bluefish?

13 hours ago, mkus said:

It’s troubling to see the lack of predatory fish on the schools of bait this year :(