FEW3

Took walk with the kids and dad up Sagamore Hill.

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Im still up, I asked my Dad where his gear was. He told me " its in the workshop, were not fishing".

I went downstairs and sure enough the rods are broken down and hanging from the ceiling like a mojo surf and tsunami store. I think that is what sucks the most. Dad just hung them up, his waders are cracked, suspenders stretched out on hangers. He just wanted to walk with my kids today and didn't want to fish. Is that the attitude you take after beating cancer and a heart attack Dad?. His plug bags are full of rusty hooks too. There are dried up Korkers all over the garage, but the plug bags are the worst. I know he isn't in the canal anymore. He became a whimp the past year so it appears.  Done ranting, had a great day with him though. 

My wife and I took that walk earlier this year. Enjoyed it.  We don't walk as fast or as far anymore. Age and health issues prevent it. Nothing we can control. The place has good views, native american history and WW2 history.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 3:21 AM, FEW3 said:

Im still up, I asked my Dad where his gear was. He told me " its in the workshop, were not fishing".

I went downstairs and sure enough the rods are broken down and hanging from the ceiling like a mojo surf and tsunami store. I think that is what sucks the most. Dad just hung them up, his waders are cracked, suspenders stretched out on hangers. He just wanted to walk with my kids today and didn't want to fish. Is that the attitude you take after beating cancer and a heart attack Dad?. His plug bags are full of rusty hooks too. There are dried up Korkers all over the garage, but the plug bags are the worst. I know he isn't in the canal anymore. He became a whimp the past year so it appears.  Done ranting, had a great day with him though. 

Sounds like a good winter project to me....I have my own winter project in mind too.

We strolled up there on Friday after thanksgiving, first time up there.    Great views and cool history for the kids.  As usual, disappointed by the amount of trash we came across people are slobs.  Next time we will bring a trash bag I guess.

Saw two hunters, one was hunting over hounds the other was without dogs, didn't hear either take a shot.

Edited by sagamoron