coastalfreak

Prayers needed.

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

Years ago, my brother and I went to a Christian school where I was in Middle School for my time there and he was in high school for part of his time. During his time there, he underwent HORRIFIC bullying. My parents never even told me what they did to him, it was so bad. In the years after, my brother was diagnosed with PTSD. All the doctors he visited told my parents that they were amazed he didn’t kill himself given the severity of bullying. He turned to drinking and other forms of substance abuse to cope with the damage done to his soul. While he has stopped (for the most part) the drinking and such, his mental health has turned frankly awful over the past week. He may very well have bipolar disorder and clinical depression. He’s never happy. I’ve never seen him smile in a long time. My parents are scared, and we are trying to get him into a psychiatrist ASAP. Please keep him in your prayers. 

Sounds like he should get professional help for sure. They are getting great results with certain psychedelics combined with therapy in trails at, I believe Johns Hopkins, for pstd and severve depression. Might want to take a look at it and see if they could take him into what is going on there.

To not have peace in your own mind is the worst kind of illness.

I’m sorry to read about your brothers  troubles and the burdens it creates for your family.

I’ll be praying that peace comes to you all.

Good luck.