Callmefish

Visser no.5 60+ hours of surf i think igot a problem

Rate this topic

634 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

23 hours ago, LB said:

So your saying it was installed like the black seal in CallMeFish picture gen 1 reel was your new seal green and installed like the black seal seal lip facing in? not like CallMeFish gen 2 green with lip facing out.

Green seal was installed correctly lip out, the main seals on either side of the body protecting the bearings were installed wrong facing in 2x. I did flip and grease them today. 

I can see how CallMeFish has stuck it out though. His faults are alot worse than mine, (I just caught the water intrusion early). For some reason even with its issues I find myself grabbing the Visser alot. In a weird way its enjoyable to fish...maybe it's just me wanting to see if it will fail again or not worrying about babying it at this point, but it also just feels light and tough to steal from Daiwa lol. If the sealing would hold up (aka underwater/clearing sand in the wash) I would honestly be happy with it. 

Edited by jk20a3

5 mins ago, jk20a3 said:

Green seal was installed correctly lip out, the main seals on either side of the body protecting the bearings were installed wrong facing in 2x. 

lf l was my reel l would the lip those two on the body protecting bearing, but that's me. Are they also green seals the two on the body?

1 min ago, LB said:

lf l was my reel l would the lip those two on the body protecting bearing, but that's me. Are they also green seals the two on the body?

I actually edited my post just now to elaborate a little more. But yup I flipped them can't hurt, and no these are black like in the previous pictures. Resemble the seal on my Zeebaas drive side. 

41 mins ago, jk20a3 said:

I actually edited my post just now to elaborate a little more. But yup I flipped them can't hurt, and no these are black like in the previous pictures. Resemble the seal on my Zeebaas drive side. 

Mine are also flipped in the gen 2